mtbr member
    Feb 2010

Vented bibs for underneath mtb shorts????

Well I just got my first set of bibs for road riding and woah! Bibs rock!

So now I'm wondering if there are vented bibs to wear underneath mtb shorts? If there aren't any somebody should make them...I'd buy'em.

Anybody wear bibs for mtb?

mtbr member
    DirtBaggies - the worlds most comfortable MTB shorts

I wouldn't get them, since they ain't cheap, and I also need bibs for the road, but..... they're surely more breathable than a regular bib.

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Looks like a good product and was what I'm looking for but wow...$180. That's to much for just a liner. Was hoping more in the <$80 range. Anything else?

mtbr member
    Think they may be the only game in town. Am sure some bibs are lighter than others, but those are the only ones I know of designed for under-layering. The dirtbaggies guy posts here and sometimes he can point you towards discounts on them.

mtbr member
    think Fox might have a liner bib in that price range... don't know how breathable or the QC.

mtbr member
    Hi bigJC,

We have a couple of ways that you can get into a cheaper pair of DirtBaggies. (The MTBR review is here BTW).

1) Though our dealer referral program.

2) We sometimes sell off samples at a discount. You've got to be quick on those as it's normally a single set that's been sent for show and tell. There's a 32" and a 34" bib-liner listed there right now.

If you're interested in trying them, we offer a 60 day no quibble return option. We're pretty confident you'll like them.
    "...DirtBaggies may also be the best baggy mountain bike shorts on the market." Velonews - Click to check out other reviews.

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim-ti View Post
    Hi bigJC,

We have a couple of ways that you can get into a cheaper pair of DirtBaggies. (The MTBR review is here BTW).

1) Though our dealer referral program.

2) We sometimes sell off samples at a discount. You've got to be quick on those as it's normally a single set that's been sent for show and tell. There's a 32" and a 34" bib-liner listed there right now.

If you're interested in trying them, we offer a 60 day no quibble return option. We're pretty confident you'll like them.
    Hey thanks for the info Tim-ti. I may actually make a go at the dealer referral program. I live in Portland Oregon with some heavy hitter bike shops and they don't sell your product (or one like it) to my knowledge. More Rides in on the road bike now and bibs are the way to go, no question...

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Try the Pearl izumi liners with 3D chamois under any smooth seamed shorts, $35. Excellent chamois and fit.
    agmtb

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by abegold View Post
    Try the Pearl izumi liners with 3D chamois under any smooth seamed shorts, $35. Excellent chamois and fit.

AH HA! That's a price I can live with & exactly what I am looking for. Tell me more. Do you use these? Are they hot on hot day rides?

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Yes, I have 3. I only use baggy cycling shorts with built in liners for short rides now and use these on longer ones, the chamois is even better than my Telluride shorts. Having 3 I can take trips and have a fresh liner every day. I live in HOT Tucson and have used them many days of 100+ degrees.
    agmtb