mtbr member

Vaude hydration packs

Anyone have any experience with them?

Trying to decide between the Gravit 15+3 and Hyper 14+3, for my all day go-to pack, plus day hiking.

Any thoughts are appreciated!

Gravit 15:

Hyper 14:

Save Jesus
    I have the hyper air 14+3. It is a very good quality pack and the mesh suspension helps a lot. Also take a look at Deuter packs. The quality is not quite as good, but the ventilation is a bit better.

mtbr member
    beanbag, what do you think of the internal organization and weight? I love lots of pockets and compartments to put sunglasses, phone, tools, etc etc.

Also regarding the weight, the Hyper lists at 890g (30oz), which seems quite heavy. Its roughly the same weight as the 20L Camelback Hawg. The Gravit is even heavier at 1050g.

Interested to know your thoughts, thanks!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I have the Hyper Air and it's great, even in hot Tucson. Still haven't needed to expand it to full size but winter will come, some year. Quite a bit lighter than the Osprey. The bladder that comes with them is cheap, I threw it away and stick with Platypus.
    Only minus is there are only 2 pockets and a bladder sleeve. Not a big deal.
    The Gravity has a different type of back panel so it won't breathe as well, in a hot climate that's a minus.
    Last edited by abegold; 07-29-2012 at 03:34 PM. Reason: more info
    agmtb