mtbr member
    Dec 2012

Urge Endur O Matic as XC/Trail helmet?

Hi,
    I'm looking for an XC capable trail lid with enough space on its side to mount a contour +2 with the profile mount or with the rotating flat surface mount. Vented helmet mount is not an option for me. (because it shakes and makes noise)
    One of my nominees is the endur o matic which I can buy where I live (so I can try it on), it's now on sale, looks good, has enough space on side, but I'm afraid of it's ventilation because everybody writes that it's hot...

My other choice would be a Giro Feature but I can't buy it where I live, I can just order it from the UK or some other country.

Please help me find the best solution, I'd be grateful.

mtbr member
    I use it in TX summers. Yes, it's not as well ventilated as a hair net helmet, but it saved me in a recent crash, unscathed, so I'm a believer in it's effectiveness of it's intended purpose. What it does have is a large brow pad that soaks up fluid. That in itself is somewhat cooling and I just don't think about it being "hot".

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Simplemind View Post
    I use it in TX summers. Yes, it's not as well ventilated as a hair net helmet, but it saved me in a recent crash, unscathed, so I'm a believer in it's effectiveness of it's intended purpose. What it does have is a large brow pad that soaks up fluid. That in itself is somewhat cooling and I just don't think about it being "hot".
    Thanks , I'm still thinking, but this helped. It's good that it soaks up sweat. I have doubts in the Giro Feature because I don't know if the mountings would fit on its flat part in the right degree... With the Urge it wouldn't be a problem. Maybe I buy the Urge and use it as far as the weather allows it and when it's hot I'll buy a vented helmet mount for the contour and use with my more vented Indicator.
    Tomorrow I'll try it on in the store where I saw and we'll see...

I ride a Swarf
    I love mine, but not used it hot weather yet. Really comfy though for my noggin
    What exactly is a rigid hard tail?

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    I recently, ( 3 weeks ago ) picked up one of the Urge Endur O Matic helmets and really like it. The "Gangsta Pad" is incredible. The fit of the helmet is better than any of the Giro's I've used in the past. I am a believer in the Urge products. I got the 2013 Airline green one, and changed the black visor out for the gold one, and it is stellar looking. Another great thing is that it comes with 2 sets of pads. I probably will purchase another one. eBay has quite a few of them for sale cheaper than retail price. I purchased mine from this online dealer... Urge Endur-O-Matic Helmet

They have coupons available right now also.

Here's a link to a thread I started back when I was looking at the Endur O Matic.

Urge Endur-O-Matic Helmet
    http://kevinboyer.zenfolio.com/

*2014 Knolly Endorphin...Custom Build*
    *2013 Intense Spider 29...Custom Build*

mtbr member
    Ive got a down-o-matic and its hot..I love the looks of the helmet and it served me well there for a while..but its really not made for xc..Ive got an old giro switchblade and I use that..even tho it prolly wouldnt help if I did a face plant..but I guess its the illusion of saftey...and I really dont do alot of scary things..I just basically ride xc and once in a while something a bit scary.
    We Can't Stop Here...This Is Bat Country.
    Out Of Step.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    I finally bought the Endur O Matic at the local bike store, fits very well, need some adjustment at the strap to the perfect fit, but it is very promising. Looks awesome in black. I could have chosen the 2011 Nepal and another color but the black looked the best. Overall look is awesome and my Contour mounts fit!
    I'll post a ride report as soon as can go out, but the weather isn't good now and my bike isn't complete for the season.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    I have the Endur-o-matic as well, excellent helmet. Light, well ventilated and the fit is perfect. Haven't crashed with it yet, so can't comment on the durability.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Okay guys, ride report. On my first ride the helmet did well. I didn't feel it was on my head because it's so light. It was very comfortable, way more comfortable than my previous Giro, however I have to get used to the feel.(lack of the loc roc type retention system.)
    I've been able to stick the contour mount to its side so I can capture good videos.