mtbr member
    May 2006

TLD Moto and Azonic Venom Shorts Fit?

Anyone who runs either of these shorts, can you comment on how they fit size wise? Are they close to the advertised waist size? How much slack does the ratcheting waist take up on either?

My actual waist measures 36 but all my shorts are 34 and are slightly loose fitting.

mtbr member
    May 2010
    I have the TLD Moto 2011 in size 32 and they come up quite small. They are more close to 30-31". My TLD Ace shorts are perfectly true to size though so I can't say if sizes have changed for the 2012 year models.

The ratcheting system on the TLD can take up about 2.5" in slack so quite a large adjustment there. No word on the Azonics or the bigger sizes, sorry.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by xx Hedgehog xx View Post
    I have the TLD Moto 2011 in size 32 and they come up quite small. They are more close to 30-31". My TLD Ace shorts are perfectly true to size though so I can't say if sizes have changed for the 2012 year models.

The ratcheting system on the TLD can take up about 2.5" in slack so quite a large adjustment there. No word on the Azonics or the bigger sizes, sorry.
    Perfect, thanks for the info.

On the waist ratchet on the TLD's, it sounds like with 2.5" of adjustment I could go with 1 size up and the ratchet would successfully take up the slack? Especially if they fit a bit small.

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Actually now that I just put them on it seems the 2,5" might have been a bit optimistic. The strap is that long but the slack it can take up is about 2". Should still be okay for you if you are between sizes. A tiny lump might form beneath the strap though if you bottom out the ratchet. The Moto shorts are awesome anyway and I highly recommend them!

mtbr member
    May 2006
    I ended up with the TLD Moto shorts, and used them for the first time over the weekend. I know Im late to the party, but in case someone is contemplating getting them, they are great shorts. The fit is very comfortable, and I really like how long they are. You dont have to low ride them to keep them over the top of your knee pads. I also crashed in them, and you couldnt even tell right afterwards.