mtbr member
    Sep 2007

TLD A1 anyoe have one?

Now that TLD has finally come out with an A1 helmet in a more conservative color (matt gray) I'm considering picking one up. Anyone currently using this helmet I would like to know how you like it.Fit,durability,moisture wicking, hot in summer, etc?

mtbr member
    I like mine. The fit can be very personal thing but the A1 works very well for me. 10/10
    It is not the coolest helmet out there, but still manageable. 7/10
    I had a problem with my glasses fitting under the sides of the helmet, since it provides more coverage and pushes the glasses down, or squeezes them, which results in not very secure fit.
    This has been only an issue with Oakley Radars, they stick out a bit more on the sides...
    Smith glasses work with no problem.

Edit: Oakley Radarlock XL Straight work perfectly with LTD A1
    Last edited by jazzanova; 12-30-2013 at 09:44 PM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    I also have one; just got it about a month ago. First and foremost it is extremely comfortable; never knew a helmet could feel so good. Not sure about heat dissipation as its been about 50 degrees in Nevada; summer will tell soon enough.

I bought this helmet for 2 reasons; first that it gives me more protection over my old standard road style helmet and two because I have a huge melon and this helmet fit me well.

I also bought the matte gray color as the other deisgns are too flashy for me.