Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member

thin, cheap, fast drying tshirts?

I've been using the hanes comfort soft tshirts cause they are only about $5 each, and thin. 100% cotton, but they don't dry well.

anything you guys recommend?

mtbr member
    I get all my gear from Goodwill.Go there and look in the active wear section. For $5 you should be able to find plenty of shirts made of some new fangled wicking fabric. If they stink wash em with bleach.

mtbr member
    Aug 2013

thin, cheap, fast drying tshirts?

Target and Wally World both have tees with the wicking fabric that are not expensive.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Also Ross, TJ MAxx and MArshalls have great deals on basic active wear..

mtbr member
    walmart the synthetic t's are on sale now... The ones I buy are starter brand S*
    Last edited by RossJamis; 12-16-2013 at 12:24 PM.
    When you've seen someone rupture their scrotum on a bike you won't take the standards for top tube clearance lightly!

mtbr member
    Walmart also polyester button up short sleeve shirts that are the quickest drying material I have ever encountered. $5
    He/she who works the trails does so in their own image.

Speed just slows me down...

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Check out the Terramar shirts at Sierra Trading Post. Get on their e-mail list to find discounts up to 35% off. They should be $7 or so and perform as well or better than anything I have.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Kopish View Post
    Check out the Terramar shirts at Sierra Trading Post. Get on their e-mail list to find discounts up to 35% off. They should be $7 or so and perform as well or better than anything I have.
    thanks, I found a 25% off coupon code plus free shipping. is there any specific terramar tshirt you recommend? the helix and dri-release look to be the most popular.

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    Check out old navy, they have some good wicking inexpensive shirts

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    I just use the champion brand shirts from target. About $10 a pop. They seem to fit me better than the wally world ones

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    I used the Terramar Helix and like it a lot. I'm pale as can be, so I like a shirt with some SPF factor to it. This shirt does have a bit of a texture to it. Take a look on Sierra Trading Post and zoom in on a light color shirt to see it. I think the dri-release is a more traditional fabric.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Kopish View Post
    I used the Terramar Helix and like it a lot. I'm pale as can be, so I like a shirt with some SPF factor to it. This shirt does have a bit of a texture to it. Take a look on Sierra Trading Post and zoom in on a light color shirt to see it. I think the dri-release is a more traditional fabric.
    ordered up 4 of the dri release ones. some of the reviews say they run big so I ordered smalls. $11 each with free shipping using the coupon code.

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    Sams club has some for 10 ea real nice and thin silk weight. name? Big lots has 2nd skin light mid with like soft brushed fleece squares for 9 tops only they are sweet but maybe heivier than your looking for. They used to have them in ladies as well now cuddle duds silk weight for 9. Mean wool socks about gym sock weight 3 for 7. I did pick up two thin sweaters in platos closet 75% off less than 3 ea. One cashmere other wool not hip enough to sell to the teens. Just through that in because i was so happy with the deal.

mtbr member
    You can pick up wicking shirts at Target, Walmart, Sams, etc for about $10 each. They usually have some good colors and it you tear them up, it's not a great loss.

mtbr member
    I'll add to the $10 active wear type shirts you get from Target and Walmart. They come in bright colors which I like for visibility and dry pretty fast.

mtbr member
    I've been using the Target/Walmart stuff for years. The fit well and they are easily found on sale. Both are also starting to carry a line that is cut more streamlined with extra ventilation but those seem to sell out quickly.

mtbr member
    How many shirts do you need for riding? Even if you ride everyday, I would think that 4 shirts in rotation should be plenty, right? That being said..,I think spending a couple extra bucks and getting something like a Nike dri fit is worthwhile. They frequently sell at any Nike outlet store for under $15 and seem to last a long time.
    They dry really quickly and the ventilation is good.
    2009 MOOTS Mooto X
    2009 Salsa Fargo
    2012 Surly Pugsley
    2012 Cannondale SL4 29

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabe3 View Post
    I've been using the hanes comfort soft tshirts cause they are only about $5 each, and thin. 100% cotton, but they don't dry well.

anything you guys recommend?
    anything besides cotton. cotton soaks up moisture and doesn't dry fast. it's like wearing a wet towel.

mtbr member
    Target/Wally.
    Geologist by trade...bicycle mechanic (former) by the grace of God!

2012 Specialized Stumpy EVO 29 HT

mtbr member
    Starter from Walmart, Old Navy carries an active line, Target has the Champion stuff...catch them on sale and clearance. Marshalls alway has a bunch of active wear clearance. Any sweat wicking fabric will do. Cotton will absorb your sweat and hold it, keeping you wet and cold.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by 8iking VIIking View Post
    I just use the champion brand shirts from target. About $10 a pop. They seem to fit me better than the wally world ones
    Champion stuff is cheap but the cuts are wearable not ****ed up like cheaper ****!

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    I really like these Tri-Blend shirts from amazon. 5 to 10 bucks for most of them. I got these as an alternative to the american apparel brand which I really liked. They are great in the summer since they dry fast, feel soft, and don't chaff.

Amazon.com: Next Level 6010 NL Men's TriBlend Tee: Clothing
    Last edited by Benzo; 01-13-2014 at 07:48 AM.

mtbr member
    I sweat a ton and usual summer rides are at 95F+. I ride in Nike Dri Fit tees. If you can find some discounted online, go for it. They are comfortable and very durable. I've had two shirts last a several years and several falls.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by fat_tires_are_fun View Post
    How many shirts do you need for riding? Even if you ride everyday, I would think that 4 shirts in rotation should be plenty, right? That being said..,I think spending a couple extra bucks and getting something like a Nike dri fit is worthwhile. They frequently sell at any Nike outlet store for under $15 and seem to last a long time.
    They dry really quickly and the ventilation is good.
    I second Nike Dri-Fit - I wear a LS under my short-sleeve jerseys down to 45 degrees with no issues. Warm, dry and yet cool as it warms up.

mtbr member
    I also use the Starter short sleeve shirts from Walmart for summer and cool weather layering. I find them very comfortable.

Walmart also has Russell long sleeve shirts with a mesh strip on the back. I can sometimes feel the strip, but some are better than others. Pretty good shirt overall.

I tried the long sleeve Hanes shirts (also wicking) but they are a bit too thin for me. And they're also very baggy.

The Champion shirts from Target seem like winners to me for cooler weather. Just have one so far.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast