mtbr member
    Apr 2005

Telluride Helmet, thoughts?

Anyone out there using a Specialized Telluride helmet? There was only a few reviews on the Product Review section, all of them great, but would appreciate more feedback.

I cracked my Louis Garneau Wings last weekend, so I need new helmet. I'm down between the Giro Havoc and Telluride as my final two choices. The Giro fits well, there's one on order, but if it doesn't come in today, I may have to visit my Specialized LBS (80 minutes away) to give the Telluride a try or to find a Havoc down there.

Aside from that, I also tried the Bell Influx and didn't like it. Seems no one is carrying Louis Garneau around here anymore.

fresh fish in stock...... SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by Wild74
    Anyone out there using a Specialized Telluride helmet? There was only a few reviews on the Product Review section, all of them great, but would appreciate more feedback.

I cracked my Louis Garneau Wings last weekend, so I need new helmet. I'm down between the Giro Havoc and Telluride as my final two choices. The Giro fits well, there's one on order, but if it doesn't come in today, I may have to visit my Specialized LBS (80 minutes away) to give the Telluride a try or to find a Havoc down there.

Aside from that, I also tried the Bell Influx and didn't like it. Seems no one is carrying Louis Garneau around here anymore.
    Yup - I've had 2 (first went because a tree up and slapped my head - ugh). There pretty good helmets - a little on the weighty side and a bit bulky... But really, really good ventilation. Unfortunately I'm bald so I do get "racing stripe" sunburns on occassion.

I'd rate the Telluride a 7 out of 10. My next helmet will be a little higher quality though.
    Visit these 2 places to help advance trail access:
    http://www.sharingthepct.org/
    http://www.facebook.com/SharingThePct

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by CHUM
    Unfortunately I'm bald so I do get "racing stripe" sunburns on occassion.

HA HA racing stripes! Thats funny! At least you don't get helmet hair, you can count the number of vents on my helmet by how many cowlicks I have at the end of a ride.

I like the Telluride line from specialized. I bought two of their seats one for my Enduro and one for my road bike. As far as helmets go I buy Bell because they fit my pointy head better than anybody else. You'll definitely want to try one on before you buy. Don't know if that helps you.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by CHUM
    Unfortunately I'm bald so I do get "racing stripe" sunburns on occassion.

HA HA racing stripes! Thats funny! At least you don't get helmet hair, you can count the number of vents on my helmet by how many cowlicks I have at the end of a ride.

I like the Telluride line from specialized. I bought two of their seats one for my Enduro and one for my road bike. As far as helmets go I buy Bell because they fit my pointy head better than anybody else. You'll definitely want to try one on before you buy. Don't know if that helps you.

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    i have a Telluride...the Fit is not good for me (terribly loose despite having additional pads), but a similarly sized Giro Xen fits me perfectly. It does look good, but the adjustment knob at the back and the buckles (the ones below the ear) on the straps are cheaply done and prone to breakage. U get what you pay for. Its got good looks, good ventilation, but POOR fit and strap design.

I'd choose Bell or Giro's fit/buckle system even if it costs more.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005

Giro Havoc

Thanks guys!

I ended up with the Giro Havoc because it did come in on Friday. Took it for its first ride on Sunday morning, so far so good! I find the straps a bit bulky, but the fit was really good and confortable, ventilation was super and it's pretty light to boot.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005

Giro Havoc

I've got a Giro Havoc which I've had for 18 months or so (basically since I took up MTBing) and got on quite well with it, except for the cheeck straps which rubbed against my sideburns a little too much.

I've taken the plunge and spent 90 (UKP) on a Specialized Decibel which suprised me - you do forget you're wearing it, which is the highest compliment I can give.