mtbr member
    Dec 2006

"Take A Look" Helmet/Sunnies mounted Mirror.

Hi guys, Looking to purchase a helmet/glasses mounted mirror, The Take A Look one looks good http://www.mtbr.com/reviews/Extras/product_86204.shtml Can anyone tell me if you can mount this on the right side for the head? For those of us that bike on the left hand side of the road, (UK, New Zealand etc...)?

If not anyone recommend me a mirror that can? Not that interested in bar-end mirrors as I prefer to keeping looking up and ahead rather than looking down at my handle bars.

Cheers

mtbr member
    Yes, it will work on the right side too.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Thanks mate.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    While I love/need my sunglass mirror for road riding I think I'd actually fear it for mtb since it blocks a bit of my view and has a small chance of hurting me in a crash. I've used the one you mention and "Third Eye" -- both work fine though "Third Eye" lacks the sharp corners since it's round and surrounded by plastic. "Third Eye" is probably less durable though than the one you found.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Yeah this is purely for commuting purposes on the roads. Don't think I'd use a mirror off road.

mtbr member
    Yep, I have one of those for the road and it's amazing how you come to depend on it. I forgot it on a ride this past weekend and felt lost without it