mtbr member

Sweat Buster Review

I don't know about y'all, but I sweat when I ride my mountain bike. In pretty much any weather, I'm used to those irritating beads of salty eye sting water falling from my helmet into my face.

So, when I heard about the Sweat Buster by Trax, I decided to try it.

Basically the Sweat Buster is a terrycloth (I think) padded insert that replaces the front pads of your helmet. It velcros in place and comes out easily to wash. It does interfere with the straps in my Giro helmet slightly, but with a little adjustment it fits well.

As advertised, this insert busts sweat. I took a client on two 4 hour rides over two days in moderate heat (73 or so with a bit of humidity) which would have normally been plenty to have me dripping sweat out of my helmet. I didn't get a single drop of sweat from my helmet. At all.

My only complaint is that the insert itches my forehead a little, but I'm sure it'll break in and my forehead will adapt.

Overall, I am SUPER satisfied with the Sweat Buster, and would recommend it to anyone who gets tired of drops of sweat in their eyes, mouth, glasses, beard, etc....
    ​mountain biking is fun.

mtbr member
    Sweating while riding??? What is wrong with you? Actually, you may have just remedied a consistent problem for me! Thank you in advance.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by docter_zab View Post
    Overall, I am SUPER satisfied with the Sweat Buster, and would recommend it to anyone who gets tired of drops of sweat in their eyes, mouth, glasses, beard, etc....
    Thanks for the review. I'm running a TLD A-1 and I love everything about it EXCEPT it allows sweat to drip in my eyes and on my glasses. Looks like it may be a bit warm, but I may have to give it a try.

mtbr member
    I definitely think it's worth it!
    ​mountain biking is fun.

I eat cats
    I love my sweat buster! I reviewed it and gave a follow up review as well somewhere in the forums. No more stinging/itchy sweat in my eyes and I don't notice it's even there. Only downside is that you have to rinse/wash it but since I wash riding clothes often its not an issue. Sometimes I just rinse it in the sink and wringe it out. Other times I just wear a couple times before washing.. Eww!

mtbr member
    It was AWESOME to stumble across this thread!

Just to clarify the Sweat Buster is 100% Micro Fiber which is similar to terry but is able to absorb much more liquid. Its always best to remove the SB after a ride, fold in half and ring out, rinse if possible.

Good Dirt!

Adrian

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by RipRoar View Post
    100% Micro Fiber
    that's the term I was lookin for
    ​mountain biking is fun.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    I have to agree, I'm bald so I have to have something on or sweat is pouring down into my eyes. I've tried all kind of dew rags and gutter, but they all eventually get saturated and it starts running in my eyes. I've been on 8 rides with my Sweat Buster and have not had one single drop in my eyes or on my glasses, even riding during 95F days. It's pretty full most times but it has yet to fail me. Super easy to install and remove for cleaning.

Matt

mtbr member
    I use the Halo headband and like how thin it is. It does become saturated after long rides but works way better than nothing at all. The Sweatbuster looks really thick.

mtbr member

Re: Sweat Buster Review

Quote Originally Posted by jmallory View Post
    I use the Halo headband and like how thin it is. It does become saturated after long rides but works way better than nothing at all. The Sweatbuster looks really thick.
    I thought it looked thick as well, but it actually isn't and it works really well.

I eat cats
    Just ordered a 2nd sweat buster and they have a special going in October... $2 off if you use the code biketoberfest when ordering.

Tactical Nightmare
    The Sweat Buster is top notch. I have one and love it. I hesitated at first once I got it, as it seemed like it was thick, furry, and would be too warm. But really, it is none of those things. It fits perfect in my Giro Feature and takes care of the sweat issue big time. It adds comfort to my helmet fit, and now I actually like my helmet better. A discovered benefit was riding with it in the rain, as it absorbs all water, not just sweat. Truly a great product. Highly recommended for sure. Thanks Trax!
    "The true object of all human life is play" - GK Chesterton
    *2014 Giant Trance 27.5 1
    *1983 Schwinn Predator

mtbr member
    If any of you Sweat Buster Users out there are in need of an additional pad we now have Neon Green available if that's your thing....enter promo code: MtbNeonGreen to get $3.00 off each Sweat Buster (any color).