mtbr member
    Dec 2004

Which Sun Glasses for extremely dry eyes?

I have very sensitive eyes they dry out very quickly so I am looking of the best glasses to keep wind out of my eyes. Currently I wear Bobster sunglasses that strap to your head like goggles. The Bobsters work great if you are moving but if you stop they instantly fog even if I am not hot yet. The another drawback is they leave indentations on my face for an hour or so after a ride.

Having said that does anyone have a wind sensitive eye problem and if so what glasses to you wear. Don't want to send a lot of money and then the glasses not server the purpose I need.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    I also have somewhat sensitive eyes i trust polarized Oakley's but its not the glasses(frames) you are after its the lenses unfortunantly you will have to spend some money on good quality lenses but it is your eyes we are talking about. also what ive found helps is a visor on my helmet to block the sun i also ride with a cycling cap under my helmet and use eye drops before i ride i know i sounds like a lot but then again i never have tired eyes or headaches from it but for MTB Oakley makes the best and most durable lenses and frames the Half jackets are what i use cause i can change out the lenses for different times of the day and what not but search around and find what will help you

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Check out Julbo's mountain or performance line. I use the Julbo pipelines with the photochromic lenses and they are great. The only problem I have with them is that they aren't compatible with some helmets (earpieces are larger) like my Bern Macon but they work with my Giro and other similar helmets.

beater

Which Sun Glasses for extremely dry eyes?

They aren't cheap, but you might look at Smith's Pivlock series. They all have pretty large lenses.
    "Back off, man. I'm a scientist." - Dr. Peter Venkman

Riding in Helena? Everything you need to know, right here.