Thread: Summer gloves

mtbr member

Summer gloves

Looking for a good pair of gel half finger gloves for summer us on trails and bike paths.

Suggestions appreciated!

turtles make me hot
    Did you ever try lightweight full finger gloves? Just askin'. I have a pair of Troy Lees and a pair of Dakines. Like em both, but the Dakines fell apart pretty quickly.
    I think the last time I wore half finger gel gloves was 1989.
    I like turtles

mtbr member

Full finger gloves

I guess I would be willing to try full finger gloves for the summer but I was thinking of gel padding since I so occasionally get some numbness in my hands.
    Some say that could be from gripping too tightly.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    I have big hands. I used to get numbness. I changed my factory grips to some clamp on ODI's (I forget what model, but they are think). that fixed it.

Prior to the grip change, I used Giro Monaco gloves (they make LF and short). These gloves have the thickest (but not too thick) padding on a cycle glove that i've ever used.

I now use a Giro Bravo. I lost the Monaco gloves and didn't want to shell out that kind of money since I got the new grips. Has a little less padding.

turtles make me hot
    Gloves alone aren't going to cure numbness. Experiment with grip diameters, stem length, glove thickness. I even took the flat bars off my bike and got a 3/4 rise bar. Adjust the bars until they're comfortable. I'm running Lizard Skins Logo grips with a fairly thin glove and I have big hands. No numbness ever.
    I like turtles