notabouttoseeyourlight
    MX gloves.
    cycle tracks will abound in utopia.

mechmann_mtb

Specialized BG Fortress Gloves

I purchased a pair of Fortress gloves about 6wks ago. this past week i crashed while riding a local trail and in the crash the palm of the glove ripped irreparably. i emailed spesh and they are not interested in helping out a customer that spent 60 bucks on a glove with super weak palm protection. this glove is supposed to be a FR/DH glove and is garbage after one crash.

i gave them a chance to make the situation right before posting it here.

just wanted to help out anyone that might be buying new gloves.

on the bright side, the Fox Racing Digits have 2 layers of leather on the palms. very tough gloves that last for more than one crash.

does anyone have any other recommendations as to a good glove that doesn't fall apart after one crash?

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    you want tough gloves.. get a set of real mx gloves...

wishiwereridingmybike
    Quote Originally Posted by mechmann_mtb
    I purchased a pair of Fortress gloves about 6wks ago. this past week i crashed while riding a local trail and in the crash the palm of the glove ripped irreparably. i emailed spesh and they are not interested in helping out a customer that spent 60 bucks on a glove with super weak palm protection. this glove is supposed to be a FR/DH glove and is garbage after one crash.

on the bright side, the Fox Racing Digits have 2 layers of leather on the palms. very tough gloves that last for more than one crash.

does anyone have any other recommendations as to a good glove that doesn't fall apart after one crash?

Ive fell doezens of times on my 661 Cedric gloves and there still in one piece.

Meh.
    Quote Originally Posted by mechmann_mtb

Specialized gloves are comfortable, but durability is horrible. My long finger gloves (I forget which model, they're for DH) have been used moderately for half a season. No crashes really. The palm is starting to wear through at an alarming rate. Same thing with my XC open fingers.

mechmann_mtb
    thanks for the feedback guys. i appreciate the help. i hope that anyone reading this doesn't waste 60 bones on neat looking gloves that fall apart the first time they touch the ground.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Hmmm. 9 races and their practice sessions, with some tumbles. Mine are doing ok so far. Though yes they do seem lightweight in a certain way. Too light?

mechmann_mtb
    the palm is the only thing i was unhappy with. i would have been stoked if spesh had provided a discounted replacement glove or something. basically i now have a brand new set of 60 dollar gloves and the right one is missing the palm. the material is just too thin and then they perforated the already too thin palm with holes.