I haven't found yet any proper clip pedal shoes that would tick all the boxes for rain and wet conditions use...
Requirement list in short:
- Waterproof, not 100% waterproofness needed, but should withstand splash water and mud well
- Good, wide enough and grippy outsole(vibram, contagrip, or similar, with some kind of knobbies to get grip on loose stuff)
- "Mud flap" over laces, also boa or quick laces could be feasible, anyway something that doesn't gather mud like normal laces without a flap.
- Higher ankle cuff to avoid getting water/mud/dirt in from ankle region
- decently light
- not too hot, so that can be used during summer also
All that I've so far found seem to fall short at least on one of these, more or less badly. There are some that tick most of the boxes, like Spesh Defroster trail, but that also has that same XC outsole with plastic knobbies, unbelieveably annoying and slippery when need to walk on rocks or if missed locking the cleat to pedal... I Currently use Mavic's Alpine XL, those would tick all boxes, if it would be waterproof...
Any ideas if there would be some models I might have missed..?
Mtbr's 2016 Winter Biking GearReviews and Roundups
Results 1 to 4 of 4