mtbr member
    Oct 2004

Some new XC and Trail gear from TLD

Troy Lee Designs launched all of their new 2014 collection this week. A lot of new XC and Trail kit.

Can see it on the web
    Troy Lee Designs® | For The World's Fastest Racers™

And an online catalog
    Troy Lee Designs® 2014 Bicycle Collection (INTL)

GUIDANCE COUNSELOR
    Really stoked on TLD gear now. Gave away all of my other baggies once I discovered the Skyline shorts. Two more pairs, a new Ruckus jersey, and an A1 are being delivered tomorrow!
    NOAH SEARS
    MRP
    TECH QUESTIONS HERE: INFO@MRPBIKE.COM

mtbr member
    New line looks awesome. Everything looks way more dialed than years past. Looking forward to trying out some new gear in the near future.

mtbr member
    Just wondering if the sizing has changed at all. In the past I found myself right between the 32 and 34 on the shorts. It looks like (new sizing chart) the new 32 has a bit more breathing room and extends to 33.

TIA

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Our sizing is pretty true to size and consistent, some pieces have bounced around slightly in the past and one short was a wee bit different than another...we are now consistent across the product range and true to size. I am a TRUE 31 and I am in between our 30 and 32 and can easily do either or, recently opting to go the 30 route, for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by G-AIR View Post
    Just wondering if the sizing has changed at all. In the past I found myself right between the 32 and 34 on the shorts. It looks like (new sizing chart) the new 32 has a bit more breathing room and extends to 33.

TIA

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Who is the main competition for TLD? TLD seems so saturated.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    I like, and wear TLD stuff, but I was disappointed to see a lack of variety in XC-style jerseys. The Skyline jersey is the only one in that category, and I don't like the fit at all (sleeves are too long / loose (and I'm 175 with a fairly muscular build).

I was hoping to see a couple other lines of jerseys; instead everything looks like a re-design of the same stuff, with minor tweaks.

The Ace jersey is nice, but its obviously the tight, race-fit style.

I do like the design of all the new stuff - and I dig how they're lightly trying to bring some moto style to the mtb, but keeping options open for subtle as well.

Norwegr
    Not really liking these designs. Having 'Troy Lee' plastered on everything ruins what's good out of the lot. Personally I stay clear of anything that has someone elses name on it, somewhat odd I guess.

On a better note, I like the connect shorts enough to give them a shot.
    CFR Scalpel
    Kona Honzo
    Diamant Mammut Mk1

beater
    Our club is about to make decisions on logo apparel for the year. I like the looks of the new Ruckus short.
    "Back off, man. I'm a scientist." - Dr. Peter Venkman

Riding in Helena? Everything you need to know, right here.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegard View Post
    Not really liking these designs. Having 'Troy Lee' plastered on everything ruins what's good out of the lot. Personally I stay clear of anything that has someone elses name on it, somewhat odd I guess.

On a better note, I like the connect shorts enough to give them a shot.
    You have to look at where TLD comes from - moto. MTB riders are typically way, way, way more low key. I get it, but come on...it's not that big of a deal to have some nice design-oriented stuff in the mix. I get tired of how conservative the crowd it (I have a design background - it's the way I think).

Also worth noting - I really dig the new Network Jersey; t-shirt style, jersey fabric. Nothing new, but new for them and I like it.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Where is TLD saturated? there are a lot of options out there and it seems I am hard pressed to find a TON of tld-clad riders on the trail. I do see more than 5 years ago, thats for sure, but we still have a long ways to go before i'd ever associate the word 'saturated'...where do you live/ride out of curiosity?
    Quote Originally Posted by 1362 View Post
    Who is the main competition for TLD? TLD seems so saturated.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    KGA, thanks for the feedback, we are still growing, and more pieces will be added to the line as we continue to really focus on bike. I think we have toned down the moto vibe on our bike gear a TON (2 years ago lots of eyeballs and bolts, etc...).
    Quote Originally Posted by KGAmoto View Post
    I like, and wear TLD stuff, but I was disappointed to see a lack of variety in XC-style jerseys. The Skyline jersey is the only one in that category, and I don't like the fit at all (sleeves are too long / loose (and I'm 175 with a fairly muscular build).

I was hoping to see a couple other lines of jerseys; instead everything looks like a re-design of the same stuff, with minor tweaks.

The Ace jersey is nice, but its obviously the tight, race-fit style.

I do like the design of all the new stuff - and I dig how they're lightly trying to bring some moto style to the mtb, but keeping options open for subtle as well.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by stiksandstones View Post
    KGA, thanks for the feedback, we are still growing, and more pieces will be added to the line as we continue to really focus on bike. I think we have toned down the moto vibe on our bike gear a TON (2 years ago lots of eyeballs and bolts, etc...).
    Yeah I'd definitely like to see more jersey style options beyond Skyline. Fox almost has too many, but their fit is really good in their trail category. Like I said, I'm ordering the Network and looking forward to that.

I've worked and designed in the moto industry for quite a while, so I follow the design style of many of them - and I've always wondered why TLD has stuck with the same design style for SO LONG. Even your '14 moto line is the same stuff, again, and again. Zig-zag elements, eyeballs and some lightning bolts. Damn - I always saw TLD as pretty innovative, but the variety and originality in-house seems to be suffering. Sorry...end of pointless, unrelated commentary...but that's been bugging me.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    KGA,
    Having too many products in the line can crush you, I think we are offering a dialed, clean collection that our dealers and customers are diggin, but again, I always appreciate any feedback. Maki and Troy were on a bolt and eyeball kick, but 2015 moto line comes out in May, and I don't recall seeing any of that, just a ton of wild new looks, that if you are looking for variety and design innovation-you are going to get it, hold on to your seat! We are keeping it cleaner and more simple on bike lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by KGAmoto View Post
    Yeah I'd definitely like to see more jersey style options beyond Skyline. Fox almost has too many, but their fit is really good in their trail category. Like I said, I'm ordering the Network and looking forward to that.

I've worked and designed in the moto industry for quite a while, so I follow the design style of many of them - and I've always wondered why TLD has stuck with the same design style for SO LONG. Even your '14 moto line is the same stuff, again, and again. Zig-zag elements, eyeballs and some lightning bolts. Damn - I always saw TLD as pretty innovative, but the variety and originality in-house seems to be suffering. Sorry...end of pointless, unrelated commentary...but that's been bugging me.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    I did say "seems", and my question was answered, FOX is what would be a direct competitor. Saturated is good word, the market advertising is TLD and FOX. Sure you have many others. Those two seem to be king in mtb.

Where is TLD saturated? there are a lot of options out there and it seems I am hard pressed to find a TON of tld-clad riders on the trail. I do see more than 5 years ago, thats for sure, but we still have a long ways to go before i'd ever associate the word 'saturated'...where do you live/ride out of curiosity?

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    KGA,
    Having too many products in the line can crush you, I think we are offering a dialed, clean collection that our dealers and customers are diggin, but again, I always appreciate any feedback. Maki and Troy were on a bolt and eyeball kick, but 2015 moto line comes out in May, and I don't recall seeing any of that, just a ton of wild new looks, that if you are looking for variety and design innovation-you are going to get it, hold on to your seat! We are keeping it cleaner and more simple on bike lol.
    Thanks for the insight. Hopefully you kept a clean line in the '15 moto set too.

beater

Some new XC and Trail gear from TLD

I have half a dozen TLD jerseys in the 3/4 sleeve, AM style (and a couple Enduras, too). I almost never wear them anymore. Too warm in the summer. I've moved to Club Ride's shirt style jerseys. I'd like to see TLD do a mechanic's shirt styled jersey, myself, or a casual shirt that's designed with an eye toward wearing while riding.
    "Back off, man. I'm a scientist." - Dr. Peter Venkman

Riding in Helena? Everything you need to know, right here.

wheelie king
    Quote Originally Posted by NoahColorado View Post
    Really stoked on TLD gear now. Gave away all of my other baggies once I discovered the Skyline shorts. Two more pairs, a new Ruckus jersey, and an A1 are being delivered tomorrow!
    Do you wear knee guards with the Skylines? Wondering if they work well with guards like the Ruckus shorts do. Thanks.