Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Small Leatt for short and stocky rider?

645 views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  bing! 
#1 ·
Simply put, smalls are on sale everywhere. Backcountry.com, Department of goods, etc.

I wanna try one, and the price is right. Im short and stocky. 5'6" with a 39 inch chest under the arms, and 36.5" just under the chest, around the ribs.

My question is, anyone wearing a small with the same proportions.

I'd love to have one for occasional use. How accurate is the chest recommendation for inbetweeners like myself.

Thanks!

#2 ·
Backcountry had them on sale for 120, 97 even for the older model, plus a 100% unconditional return policy. I gave it a shot.

Well, it fits. Just as I thought, although I am bigger around the chest, my spine channel is pretty deep allowing the thoracic bar to drop in there. My upper/inner chest is also fairly smaller than my lower/outer chest, the front plate if it were bigger would land on my pecs and that wouldve been a prob. As it is, it's just right. Also was worried that my neck wouldnt fit in the brace and possibly cutoff blood supply to my brain. I'm 5'6" with a 16 inch neck. Not a problem. It could be a tad bigger for me, but between having one, and not having one, am stoked!

Maybe this helps someone else who is on the fence.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.