mtbr member

SKINS Bib shorts vs ASSOS F.I ?

Hey guys, I am shopping for my first pair of bib shorts and have spotted these two bib shorts. The F.I has a reputation build up over years of well testimonials, but I am not sure about the SKINS. The reason why I am even considering the SKINS in the first place is because their compression garments seem to be very popular, so it is possible that their bibs will be as good as their compression.

Has anyone tried the any of the two before? Are they as good as each other?

Thanks .

P.S: I am a rather short teenager@ 5ft6in if that affects anything.

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGenTwo
    Hey guys, I am shopping for my first pair of bib shorts and have spotted these two bib shorts. The F.I has a reputation build up over years of well testimonials, but I am not sure about the SKINS. The reason why I am even considering the SKINS in the first place is because their compression garments seem to be very popular, so it is possible that their bibs will be as good as their compression.

Has anyone tried the any of the two before? Are they as good as each other?

Thanks .

P.S: I am a rather short teenager@ 5ft6in if that affects anything.
    Overpriced.

I have used expensive bibs (club issued). Keep going back to Voler shorts. More comfortable, more durable, MUCH more affordable.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

"Its All Good"
    I purchased a pair of Assos F1 bibs, absolutely the best you can get in my opinion....

I then purchased 2 pairs of Skins Bibs.... I have worn 1 pair a couple of times and never again, they are not a patch on Assos... I then purchased 2 more sets of Assos....

Yep, very expensive indeed, but they last and last if they are looked after well... A very good investment in my opinion...
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"