At Work

Six Six One - Shoes

Who has them, used them, does not like them, likes them.............

I am sponsored by them through Jetski racing. Figured I would see about getting some shoes since my Shimano shoes are pushing 10 years old............(they have been great shoes).

What do you all think??

Some Assembly Required
    Quote Originally Posted by sxr-racer
    Who has them, used them, does not like them, likes them.............

I am sponsored by them through Jetski racing. Figured I would see about getting some shoes since my Shimano shoes are pushing 10 years old............(they have been great shoes).

What do you all think??

I've ridden Sessions, Filters and Launches. All of them SPD skate type shoes, as I ride DH/freeride mostly & some trail. Not sure what kind of shoe yer lookin' for but these shoes have been very good for the $$ they cost. I've been pleased w/them. The Sessions have a very soft sole where as the Filters/Launches have a stiffer skate type of sole, which I prefer.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Why are you willing to take so much & leave others in need...just because you can?"

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    I've got a pair of Nuevo's that I've been using for a little over a season now. They've held up really well. I appreciate the support/ stifness when using platform pedals. They're comfortable and light, I wouldn't hesitate to go with another pair when these ones are spent.
    Ever been to Mountain Bike Tales Digital Magazine? Now if only the print rags would catch on!

At Work
    bump............ looking at XC shoes......

!sdrawkcab kcusuoy aH
    I have a pair I got 4 or 5 years ago. I have no idea of the name though, they are light and made of mostly mesh so they breath good. other than that I have had no problems

mtbr member
    May 2004
    I bought some of the "mid-range" shoes on Jenson about 2 years ago on close-out. I spent $30 (retail about $70).
    Great fit.
    But....They were beat to hell, unrecoverable in 6months. They were my first pair of XC cleats. The rubber on the cleats was too soft, that went first - of course, the parts I had to hike-a-bike were rocky, and that takes a toll. Eventually, the sole started to seperate. For $30, it was a decent introduction to XC cleats.
    Since I have run Adidas (horrible good fit, decent durability), SIDI (like ice on rocks b/c of hard plastic sole) and now some LAKE shoes (very happy with these).
    Hope that helps.
    YMMV.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    I have a pair (can't think of the name right now) that are SPD-compatible, but look like normal shoes. They've been great so far. I did have to add a cleat shim on the left foot, but otherwise no issues. Hike-a-bike is way better in them than with my Sidi's

I also know a few people that use them for DH riding on platforms. No complaints.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    FWIW, I also have a set of their "attack" shoes - the skater-style ones that have held up well. those were my 1st clipless.

Was that a Bobcat?
    i have used the Experts and now using their Peaks.... I think they are very good shoes, especially for the costs.

Members who have read this thread: 0