mtbr member
    Feb 2009

six six one filter spd shoe...any good??

I was thinking of switching to a platform style spd pedal like the Crank Bros Malett along with a comfy skate style spd shoe which six six one has. My style of riding is AM/XC . I was wondering if anyone went this route in a shoe pedal set up. I was thinking of switching to purely flats but realized I would probably miss being clipped in too much. Any thoughts??

usually cranky
    as i eluded to in your other thread get a platform if you want a platform, and small clipless (egg beater, candy, xt, etc) if you want clipless. never tried a skate style clip shoe but my feeling is if you go for clipless get some proper, stiff shoes.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    I already have the small clipless and stiff spd shoe. Been running that setup for 20 years. Wanted to try something different like a platform but realized I will probably miss being clipped in especially while powering through rock gardens. I guess I'll just try a new setup and if I hate I'll revert back to my old setup.

Bicycle Addict
    Are you talking about this shoe http://www.blueskycycling.com/produc...-SL-Pedals.htm

I was thinking about getting these but not if they don't have a stiff sole. Has anybody tried them?
    The unexamined life is not worth living - Socrates
    Bearded Women Racing

I'm good at crashing
    I have the filters and they are great...very sturdy and rigid sole...but tons of grip for riding platforms...and they have the little patch thingy that comes off the bottom and you attach clips for riding spd....good value...plus they are very thick as well and can take a hit with out killing your feet. I have drilled the side of my foot on a rock and the cushioning o these shoes absorbed it well. Not a bad purchase at all.

http://www.sixsixone.com/Catalog_661...d-254eee406449