two wheel whore

Sidi + SPD issues

Surprisingly didn't find any info through searching - I have issues clipping in with my new Sidi Sierra shoes. I have two sets of Shimano pedals, doesn't clip into either set. Tried loosening the tension. Looks like there isn't enough space between the cleat and the shoe.

Google search told me there are a few others with this issue, some ended-up cutting the shoes. Not trying to go this route.

I've been on a few pairs of Nikes since '08, but I love my Sidi motorcycle boots and decided to give their mtb shoes a shot.

I also chatted with Sidi this morning, their rep was helpful but haven't heard about this issue. He is sending me some shims to try out.

Just wondering if anyone else had experienced this issue.

EDR
    shim or cut shoe tread. Not a Sidi specific fix but holds true on almost any shoe with interference issues.

mtbr member
    I've never had problems with my Sidi Dominator and Dragon shoes with Shimano pedals. Try a cleat shim to add a bit of space?
    Loud hubs save lives. http://about.me/splat/

mtbr member
    Their Sierra model isn't the typical "Gucci-Italiano" manufacture, but then again it costs FAR less.
    Thankfully the side lugs are thick enough to do that bit of custom carving to eek out just a bit more space, each side of cleat. Still a decent cheap shoe for the plastic heel cup and robust velcro three strap set-up.