soviet pride

side note: what shoes u riding with?

i havnt seen this post up so i decided to put it up, im just sitting here in computer programmin class and im just wonderin what kind of shoes u guys wear when riding.
    I know i sport the 35$ vanz Dr.T.

Cynical Bystander
    I wear black/white Vans Rowleys. Not the poofy skateshoe ones, but the smaller oldschool type ones, but not oldschool like canvas. And it has the awesome pattern on the bottom that is glued to my Azonic pedals.
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

Turns out that five years of not mountain biking, really makes one strive to get back to it.

soviet pride
    Quote Originally Posted by COmtbiker12
    I wear black/white Vans Rowleys. Not the poofy skateshoe ones, but the smaller oldschool type ones, but not oldschool like canvas. And it has the awesome pattern on the bottom that is glued to my Azonic pedals.
    ya my shoes have got some sweet grips on the bottom. i'm quite satisfied considering they also cost me 30-35$

Cynical Bystander
    Quote Originally Posted by ilikepinkbikes
    ya my shoes have got some sweet grips on the bottom. i'm quite satisfied considering they also cost me 30-35$
    I think mine were like $40 when I got them. But I think they're a few years old because I found them in my closet when I was cleaning my room a few weeks ago.
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

Turns out that five years of not mountain biking, really makes one strive to get back to it.

soviet pride
    Quote Originally Posted by COmtbiker12
    I think mine were like $40 when I got them. But I think they're a few years old because I found them in my closet when I was cleaning my room a few weeks ago.
    thats always good to hear. God im so freakin broed in this comp class. We literally do nothing, the teacher is listening to a nuclear safety recording from the 50's tellin u directions in case of a nuclear explosion and how u should duck and cover. Cause duckin and covering will stop that gamma radiation right in its tracks...

kona-tize me captain
    i love my 661 dually 05s very comfortale and have great grip. pretty cheap to
    and srry to hear about ur class i got a 3 day weekend!

Cynical Bystander
    thats always good to hear. God im so freakin broed in this comp class. We literally do nothing, the teacher is listening to a nuclear safety recording from the 50's tellin u directions in case of a nuclear explosion and how u should duck and cover. Cause duckin and covering will stop that gamma radiation right in its tracks...
    I had yesterday and today off. So I'm just hangin out in my house, haven't even put shoes on yet.
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

soviet pride

question on the 661's

Quote Originally Posted by austinb89
    i love my 661 dually 05s very comfortale and have great grip. pretty cheap to
    and srry to hear about ur class i got a 3 day weekend!
    are the 661's the skate shoe lookin type with that strap that goes over the laces to keep them from floppin? if so those shoes are pretty sweet and i want a pair of my own. But iv never been a fan of ordering shoes online and i dont think any store near me sells those types of shoes.

mtbr member
    Everyone makes fun of me for this, but to be honest, this is the THE BEST type of shoe you can get for platform pedals. They are WAY better than skate shoes for freeriding/jumping.

Some of the best Freeriders I've ever met rock these types of shoes. They keep your feet in place when going huge. The idea is that you can throw your feet forward off stunts and drops without your feet moving position. The raised heel in the rear really locks the foot in good and puts the pedal in a perfect position for hucking.

These are the exact shoes I wear. You can't beat a lightweight waterproof shoe that holds the pedal like no other.

LINK TO SHOES

New project, TBA shortly
    Quote Originally Posted by MicroHuck
    Everyone makes fun of me for this, but to be honest, this is the THE BEST type of shoe you can get for platform pedals. They are WAY better than skate shoes for freeriding/jumping.

Some of the best Freeriders I've ever met rock these types of shoes. They keep your feet in place when going huge. The idea is that you can throw your feet forward off stunts and drops without your feet moving position. The raised heel in the rear really locks the foot in good and puts the pedal in a perfect position for hucking.

These are the exact shoes I wear. You can't beat a lightweight waterproof shoe that holds the pedal like no other.

worlds largest tacklebox??

kona-tize me captain
    are the 661's the skate shoe lookin type with that strap that goes over the laces to keep them from floppin? if so those shoes are pretty sweet and i want a pair of my own. But iv never been a fan of ordering shoes online and i dont think any store near me sells those types of shoes.

yeah, well i dunno they have their own look to them but if u had to say it they would be more skater looking mine though dont have the strap to keep the laces down, i think thats not needed i love mine and the sizing gets pretty exact also

mtbr member

Seriously though, I use a set of airwalks. Have used vans as well. Anything that has a soft compound base with criss cross grooves works for me.

Old beater DCs mostly, or Shimano trail-type for when I want to ride clipped in

Glad to Be Alive
    Black Nike "Flights...cheap high top basketball shoes
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days