mtbr member
    Apr 2013

Shortest Full Face Comparo Ever

I ordered up a TLD D3, Bell Full9, POC Cortex MIPS, Spesh Deviant Carbon, and Fox Rampage Pro Carbon.

TLD D3 -- this helmet was insanely uncomfortable. I think it would have been improved by cutting out the part in the front that everyone talks about, but for as uncomfortable as it was I didn't want to risk not being able to return it. It was cut out of the running first.

I had good visibility with the POC, but it just moved too much on my head, while still being rather tight on the crown. Second out.

The Fox was great, but after an hour it started to give me a headache. Good ventilation for a FF.

The Bell Full 9 was super comfortable, and I would have or maybe should have picked it. The ventilation on this was the best for me...

The Spesh Deviant -- it was a tight squeeze going on but it was the most comfortable and easiest to wear -- my neck could turn easily. The only problem with it is the Spesh part.

Obviously they have talented engineers and I really liked the new Enduro I rode and this helmet was the best of the lot I tried. Aside from them suing the little guys all the time: I had to buy this helmet straight from Speshy and not any of the dealers as not one of their dealers can ship. I paid them extra for overnight shipping. What did they do? They shipped the helmet fedex smartpost. Fedex smartpost is something I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy. It took a solid month for the helmet to get here. They offered to send me some gloves to make up for it -- so I guess I will let you all know how their enduro gloves are in a month when those arrive. They aren't really free as the gloves are probably worth less than I paid in upgraded shipping.

In the end I probably could have survived with the fox, bell or spesh.

So a really short review with a too long rant. Have a nice day!
    Please stop telling me about your quiver, it makes me feel unclean...

http://www.mistermcfeely.com
    <- My Blog

mtbr member

Re: Shortest Full Face Comparo Ever

Fed ex is worse than specialized.

I have the exact same review as you, and so does my son. The helmet kinda squeezes on my head, and then *pop* its perfect. Fits so good I have forgotten to strap it.

sent remotely

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    That's why I hate trying to find a good FF, so few shops carry them to try. I found the POC MIPS Cortex on Amazon for $300, so I took a shot, unlike you though, it fit me like a glove.

The D3 I tried was ok, but not as snug as the POC.
    13 Lenz Lunchbox punkass