mtbr member
    Jun 2010

Shoes for a wide toe box?

I am looking for a pair of mountain shoes that have a very wide toe box. I have a pair of shimanos right now and I have herd that relative to other brands shimano tends to have a wide toe box, but they are still very uncomfortable and have fallen apart over the 6 months I have owned them. I'm not happy with my shimanos. Out of all the non cycling shoes I have ever tried on Keens seem to fit my foot best. Suggestions?

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    I wear a normal sneaker in 4e. which is like a double wide. road shoes I have specialized and herd they fit pretty much the same for mtb shoes. I were some pearl izumi and I used a shoes strecher. they feel well.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    NORTHWAVE....hands down the most comfy shoes I've ever had. I bought mine at Bike Bling.

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    I have Forte shoes. I don't have a wide foot per se, but the "toe box" is where shoes are always tight fro me.

You can likely find a good deal on 2010's right now.

Former Bike Wrench
    Did you know Keen makes cycling shoes now?

http://www.keenfootwear.com/product/ss11/shoes/men/pedal/springwater/grey!%20keen%20yellow

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbiker72
    Did you know Keen makes cycling shoes now?

http://www.keenfootwear.com/product/ss11/shoes/men/pedal/springwater/grey!%20keen%20yellow
    I did know they started making cycling shoes but I hadn't seen that particular model. I had just seen the more of a sandal style commuter shoe. Those look awesome, thank you. But I am kind of looking for high end shoe with a carbon sole. I think I am going to try my luck with a pair of custom fit shimano's and while I'm at it I may invest in a shoe stretcher. Even though I haven't had luck with my current pair I think the more expensive ones will be more durable.Thanks for the help everyone.

One Gear
    Quote Originally Posted by JonRinehart
    But I am kind of looking for high end shoe with a carbon sole.
    Take a look at the Sidi Dragons in Mega size. I'm only a 2E but they have plenty of room.

I have red hair
    Go for the Sidi's for sure. I wear a 4E street shoe and work at a shop and the Sidi's are the best option that I've found. They come in wide widths Pearl Izumi's aren't a bad option if you're on a tight budget, but the Sidi's are more comfortable and have a longer life and more replacement parts are available for them.
    "I don't believe in brakes, all they do is slow you down"