Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Shoes for a wide toe box?

5K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  RedGreen 
#1 ·
I am looking for a pair of mountain shoes that have a very wide toe box. I have a pair of shimanos right now and I have herd that relative to other brands shimano tends to have a wide toe box, but they are still very uncomfortable and have fallen apart over the 6 months I have owned them. I'm not happy with my shimanos. Out of all the non cycling shoes I have ever tried on Keens seem to fit my foot best. Suggestions?

#6 ·
mtnbiker72 said:
Did you know Keen makes cycling shoes now?

http://www.keenfootwear.com/product/ss11/shoes/men/pedal/springwater/grey!%20keen%20yellow
I did know they started making cycling shoes but I hadn't seen that particular model. I had just seen the more of a sandal style commuter shoe. Those look awesome, thank you. But I am kind of looking for high end shoe with a carbon sole. I think I am going to try my luck with a pair of custom fit shimano's and while I'm at it I may invest in a shoe stretcher. Even though I haven't had luck with my current pair I think the more expensive ones will be more durable.Thanks for the help everyone.

#8 ·
Go for the Sidi's for sure. I wear a 4E street shoe and work at a shop and the Sidi's are the best option that I've found. They come in wide widths :thumbsup: Pearl Izumi's aren't a bad option if you're on a tight budget, but the Sidi's are more comfortable and have a longer life and more replacement parts are available for them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.