Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation: desert guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    172

    Shimano shoes, how do they fit?

    I wear a size 11.5, ordered a size 46 Shimano SH-M088. Do these shoes fit on big side, or are they typically smaller? I couldn't find any to try on here locally.
    “You see us? We’re the people kicking your a*s. Fear us, because we will kill you, motherfu*ker,”*

    -Chris Kyle

  2. #2
    Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Reputation: shiggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1998
    Posts
    47,725

    Shimano shoes, how do they fit?

    Quote Originally Posted by desert guy View Post
    I wear a size 11.5, ordered a size 46 Shimano SH-M088. Do these shoes fit on big side, or are they typically smaller? I couldn't find any to try on here locally.
    Fit bigger or smaller than what? No brand or type of shoe fits the same, and fit can differ between models of the same brand. I currently wear shoes ranging from 10 to 12, 44-46, and they all fit well. My one pair of lower end Shimanos is 10.5(US)/45.

    "Size 11.5", is that US or UK?
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation: desert guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    172

    Re: Shimano shoes, how do they fit?

    Quote Originally Posted by shiggy View Post
    Fit bigger or smaller than what? No brand or type of shoe fits the same, and fit can differ between models of the same brand. I currently wear shoes ranging from 10 to 12, 44-46, and they all fit well. My one pair of lower end Shimanos is 10.5(US)/45.

    "Size 11.5", is that US or UK?
    Just wondering if they typically fit larger or smaller. It's a general question for sure. Size 11.5 US.
    “You see us? We’re the people kicking your a*s. Fear us, because we will kill you, motherfu*ker,”*

    -Chris Kyle

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    56
    i have these same shoes and also wear a 11 to 11.5 depending on the shoe and i had to go with a wide version of them before they felt comfortable, tho i have wider feet also but ... the first pair i ordered just a straight 46 and i could feel the edge of the shoe sole digging into my foot

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation: desert guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    172

    Re: Shimano shoes, how do they fit?

    Quote Originally Posted by Unforgiving View Post
    i have these same shoes and also wear a 11 to 11.5 depending on the shoe and i had to go with a wide version of them before they felt comfortable, tho i have wider feet also but ... the first pair i ordered just a straight 46 and i could feel the edge of the shoe sole digging into my foot
    I definitely don't have wide feet, do the standard should fit okay. Just wondering about the size 46.
    “You see us? We’re the people kicking your a*s. Fear us, because we will kill you, motherfu*ker,”*

    -Chris Kyle

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation: dbhammercycle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    974
    I think length wise you should be ok, the toebox on the xc30 was accomodating, but as stated previously the shoes are on the narrow side.
    No fuss with the MUSS

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    27
    My feet are a little wide and I normally wear a size 13 in Nike running shoes. Shimano 49 (13) fits perfect for me.

  8. #8
    turtles make me hot
    Reputation: NYrr496's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    4,195
    See that? Now I wear a 14 and 49 fits ME prefect.
    I like turtles

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    94
    you want the cycling shoes a size smaller than your normal shoes.

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation: desert guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    172

    Re: Shimano shoes, how do they fit?

    Quote Originally Posted by rti27 View Post
    you want the cycling shoes a size smaller than your normal shoes.
    That's good to hear, because I afraid I ordered too small.

    Thanks for the replies.
    “You see us? We’re the people kicking your a*s. Fear us, because we will kill you, motherfu*ker,”*

    -Chris Kyle

  11. #11
    Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Reputation: shiggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1998
    Posts
    47,725

    Shimano shoes, how do they fit?

    Quote Originally Posted by rti27 View Post
    you want the cycling shoes a size smaller than your normal shoes.
    My street shoes are mostly "smaller" (by stated size) than my cycling shoes, and the latter mostly fit more snugly.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    7
    I wear size 13E (U.S.). I bought a pair of Shimano MT33, size 48, just a couple of weeks ago, and I am very pleased with the fit. Before buying, I tried on a few others -- I think they were Giro and Pearl Izumi. Nothing fit nearly as well as the Shimano.

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation: desert guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    172

    Re: Shimano shoes, how do they fit?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pantaz View Post
    I wear size 13E (U.S.). I bought a pair of Shimano MT33, size 48, just a couple of weeks ago, and I am very pleased with the fit. Before buying, I tried on a few others -- I think they were Giro and Pearl Izumi. Nothing fit nearly as well as the Shimano.
    Thanks for the info. Based on this post, and others, it looks like I should be okay. Was just a little worried because it will be almost two weeks that it takes for the shoes to arrive. It would suck to have to send back and wait again.
    “You see us? We’re the people kicking your a*s. Fear us, because we will kill you, motherfu*ker,”*

    -Chris Kyle

  14. #14
    Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Reputation: shiggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1998
    Posts
    47,725

    Shimano shoes, how do they fit?

    Quote Originally Posted by desert guy View Post
    Thanks for the info. Based on this post, and others, it looks like I should be okay. Was just a little worried because it will be almost two weeks that it takes for the shoes to arrive. It would suck to have to send back and wait again.
    Always a risk with shoes you have never worn before. There are brands that do not fit me at all.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation: desert guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    172

    Re: Shimano shoes, how do they fit?

    Quote Originally Posted by shiggy View Post
    Always a risk with shoes you have never worn before. There are brands that do not fit me at all.
    Yeah, I know. I just didn't have a chance to try any on locally. Just trying to get an idea.
    “You see us? We’re the people kicking your a*s. Fear us, because we will kill you, motherfu*ker,”*

    -Chris Kyle

Similar Threads

  1. Shimano MT23 Shoes - Anyone using it?
    By AhXiong in forum Apparel and Protection
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-07-2012, 08:34 AM
  2. Shimano M230 shoes only $99!
    By Juanmoretime in forum Apparel and Protection
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 10-03-2012, 05:35 AM
  3. Shimano shoes in large sizes
    By TunicaTrails in forum Clydesdales/Tall Riders
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-31-2012, 11:08 AM
  4. Shimano MT33L MTB Shoes - ANYONE?
    By ProjectDan35 in forum Apparel and Protection
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-23-2011, 08:09 AM
  5. Shimano MT42 Shoes
    By clark3554 in forum Apparel and Protection
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-05-2011, 05:58 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •