mtbr member
    Sep 2009

sette impact knee/shin vs Roach Rally FR Leg Armor

How does the Sette impact match up again the Roach Rally FR Leg Armor? Price point has them for the same price $39. How does Sette match up against the other comparably priced knee/shin protectors? I'm asking for an unbiased opinion please.

I've edited this to include the 661 race knee/shins
    Last edited by Truevine77; 10-20-2009 at 10:16 PM.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    cant speak for the sette's except to say that I have had other items from sette and they are all quality.

The Roach Rally FR's however are amazing. I just picked them up from price point for the sale price you are looking at and I love them. super comfortable, nice articulation and a lot of protection. Can't really comment on breathability and such because the temps have been really cold here since I got em. I highly recommend them.

If you go with the Sette pads, let us know how they are because I've been looking at their chest/back armor which is pretty nicely priced.

Glad to Be Alive
    roach/raceface.......arguement done
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
    agreed. do the roach/rf's. same price? why choose a knock off and not use a proven winner? even my dh's, which are not vented in back, are not all bad when its hot. nuthins gonna feel air conditioned but these dont suck. im told the newer fox stuff is sweeter yet but availability has been sketchy this year.
    No, I'm NOT back!

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Thanks for your replies.

How do you rate the roach raly rf vs the 661 race knee/shin's?

mtbr member

661 hell no

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by daisycutter

661 hell no
    can you elaborate?

sympathy for society
    I would go for the Roach/Raceface. For the price you can't beat the quality. I do however own the Sette body armor. Super good quality and a hell of a price compaired to the other options out there.

As for 661?? Well, I have never purchased any of their pads/armor. I do rock their helmet though. All the 661 pads/armor I have seen fall apart relatively quick. I witnessed my roommate tear through a set of knee/shin pads within a week. All the stiching came out and the pads basicially fell apart. Even the velcro seperated from the straps. Soooooo, in my opinion 661 is not the best option for duribility and lifespan.

~Sodak
    "We can always find excuses if we want to find them, but if we really want to do something, we have to just go."

mtbr member
    The Race Face pads rock.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Thanks guys. I attempted to get the Roach from Pricepoint. They have their free delivery deal going on now. But they were out of my size. I had already purchased a Sette knee/shin but it was a Large/Xlarge - it looked supersized to me and was too large. Looked good to a noob - but they didn't have a my size (medium/small). I have their body armor (large) and it fits well and looks great for the price.

I looked at the reviews for the 661race and ther review were good for the new version - not so good for the race lite or the older version. My size was available and I need something now - since I'm new to all-mountain riding and already have some scratches on both shins. I figured something now is better than nothing. I sure do hope the 661 holds up. Twice I asked for advice from Pricepoint - one guy swears by Roach (extra padding, wrap around protection) - the other guy swears by 661 (comfort - had his for 3 years - said newer version was better).

Thanks again.