mtbr member
    Sep 2011

Sette Enduro with Wellgo M3 combo?

I have been riding for almost two months now and after riding with flats and having a few close calls with shin/calf mutilation I have decided to try out clipless. I didn't want to spend too much to try it out so I ordered this combo from pricepoint.

Sette Enduro Shoes w/ Wellgo M3 Pedals at Price Point

I figured for approx 65 bucks, I have nothing to lose. I did read the reviews about the pedals (both good and bad) and it seems like simple maintenance, locktite and correct installation will go a long way in reliability/longevity.

Does anyone have experience with this combo and can you provide any additional suggestions or feedback for smooth operation and reliability?

Thanks

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Avoid. I got that as my intro set to SPDs and was never satisfied with it. The shoe was uncomfortable and heavy. The pedal does not release well despite adjusting it.

Find your nearest LBS and buy your shoe there. Shoe makers are funny with their sizing.

Base model Shimano SPDs are way better than Wellgos IMHO.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    I went to all of the LBS within 30 minutes of my home and their selections were geared strictly towards higher end and experienced rider/racer types. I couldn't find anything that was in my price range or met my needs so I ordered this set. Also, I am a big guy with a big wide foot and everything I tried on at the LBS was really narrow and crowded my toes. I'm actually hoping the shoes are big and bulky so my big foot will be comfortable.

At this point my BIG concern is the pedals..I wonder if I should have just picked up the shoes and a set of entry level SPD's....

Pedal through the Pain
    May 2008
    My Wellgo's have made it through 3.5 years of pretty heavy use. I have no complaints although i do like my wifes new eggbeaters she just got a couple of months ago.

mtbr member
    Plenty of shoes work well on flat or clip less pedals. And a nice stiff shoe should improve your riding on either pedal. I went for a pair Shimano shoes which look like Shimano's newer am45 shoe and crank brothers egg beater pedals.

Great introduction to clip less and as I said if ya don't like it you can still use the shoes and go back to flats.

mtbr member
    I had the Enduro shoe with Crank Bros Mallet and Candy pedals. The pedals were great, the shoes were just mediocre.

Now, I have 661 Flight shoes with my Candy pedals when I want clipless, and I run Teva Pinner shoes with DMR pedals most of the time now. I rarely ride clipless any more, and my riding has improved so much. Why not get some shin/knee guards?

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    One month update - Pedals are hard to get into, easy to get out of...Shoes are nice, but I wish they were Velcro straps vs laces...I will upgrade both when I upgrade my bike next year.