mtbr member
    Aug 2008

Semi form fit 3 pocket XC style jerseys?

I am not a fan of using a pack for < 3 hour rides. I like riding in bib shorts and am looking for jerseys that have 3 rear pockets are are semi form fitting.

TLD hast a new Ace line and pearl Izumi has a mtb ltd jersey line that fits the bill. What else is out there?

mtbr member
    Is the deal, you don't want it to look like a "roadie" jersey?

The thing about the 3 pockets on the back... the more you put into them, the tighter you need your jersey to fit, to keep it from flopping around too much, in my experience. I don't particularly like a tight cut, but I hate the floppy pockets even worse....

Anyway, if you're open to looking at "roadie" jerseys (you're already wearing the bibs : ), look for "club cut, or club fit" vs. racer cut... they'll fit looser. Tons of places to find these.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by d365 View Post
    Is the deal, you don't want it to look like a "roadie" jersey?

The thing about the 3 pockets on the back... the more you put into them, the tighter you need your jersey to fit, to keep it from flopping around too much, in my experience. I don't particularly like a tight cut, but I hate the floppy pockets even worse....

Anyway, if you're open to looking at "roadie" jerseys (you're already wearing the bibs : ), look for "club cut, or club fit" vs. racer cut... they'll fit looser. Tons of places to find these.
    Thanks for the reply. Yes, I am looking to not buy a jersey that is a traditional roadie brand. That is why I liked the TLD. I thought royal had a jersey like that but my lbs is closing out the remaining smalls. Zoic has some cool styles but only single full zip pockets which aren't great for separating food from tools.

I have some jerseys from Capo and Castelli I like for riding on the road but was looking for something from a more mtb brand.

mtbr member
    yeah, I got nothin'... That TLD Ace... looks pretty much, exactly like a roadie jersey to me. Branding kind of thing, I get it.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Try the Endura Humvee I have a couple and they are a good MTB option.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jhardeman View Post
    TLD hast a new Ace line...
    I have the red/white/black ace in a size medium and it fits pretty tight and looks like a road jersey due to tightness. I really like it and wear it alot.