inexperienced at large
    Apr 2011

saddle: Devo Carbon or Devo SLT?

I am in the market for a new saddle. I got a Specialized Phenom Pro and it is a bit uncomfortable. I'm probably going to put it on my road bike. But now I am considering new seats. I am wondering what the difference between the Devo Carbon and SLT is. They are both made by WTB and they seem like a great brand. I liked the seat on my old bike, and it was a WTB. I ride up all the hills I ride down, and I hit jumps as well. I'm on a Norco Range 3 if that helps at all. It is classified for 'all mountain' freeride

Karma Vampire
    I have had the carbon version for about four years of part time use. I am sure you know there is a 15g difference (the weight of 6 pennies) for an extra 20 USD. The shell on my carbon doesn't look bling from underneath, even if it did, people would only know if I crashed or got big air. There may be a less/different padding according to the WTB website.

That leads me to the intended use of the Devo saddle, with either shell. I think it is more XC than AM. It is a bit wider than my other XC saddles. I have had no major issues with the Devo. It does arse-squeak more than my WTB Rocket. Avoiding Lycra would cure that. The major reason to buy this saddle is the name. If you like the band that gave us songs like "Uncontrollable Urge" then you need to get it.

But seriously, I apologize for not being able to give you firsthand knowledge gleaned from experience on the differences. I am sure someone else will chime in.

Lastly, not sure if they still have it, but some bike shops had a WTB saddle demo program. Pay, then keep trying them out until you find the right one. Good luck in your saddle quest.

inexperienced at large
    Apr 2011
    Thanks for the help. I guess I'll start looking for some AM saddles. My LBS doesn't do that with saddles, unfortunately.

usually cranky
    no such thing as an am saddle. try posting this in the am forum or beginners corner and you'll probably get better answers than in the apparel forum.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    ^ this. the only difference is weight.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011

Devo Carbon is much better

Devo Carbon is much better stronger and lighter

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    devo carbon is much better than SLT, stronger but dun think lighter