mtbr member

Royal Racing Matrix jacket

Looking for some feedback from owners of this jacket. I'm in the northeast and looking for a jacket for fall/winter/early spring. I plan on adjusting base layers as needed. I want to know fit and function. I am 5'10' 180 lbs., if I get it plan on getting a large. How if the breathability of the jacket, how is the wind protection and what temps is it best suited for?

Competent User

Royal Racing Matrix jacket

I'm in New Hampshire and have one. I'm 5'10" 195 and have a medium. It fits really well, but is pretty tight at the bottom. Just fits. But I really only notice it when I go to zip it. Otherwise it stays in place. It's a nice rain jacket and good for a light casual jacket around town. It's not breathable at all. I get really hot and haven't worn it riding yet. I figure it'll get more use for that in the coming months, but I get really warm down to like 40 degrees and make do with a long sleeve jersey or base layer. The reviews I've read on the jacket are pretty much spot on. It's not super light or very heavy. Not much venting at all though.

One time I wore it in the rain and it did the job and I had it on over my helmet.

Would recommend again if you're cool with all that.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Hey OP did you get the jacket yet? I'm the exact same size as you and based on what Mr Quint above said I may get the medium. Let me know if you got the large and how it fits. Thanks