mtbr member
    Apr 2007

Roach/RaceFace FR2 Leg armor for small rider? If not, recommendation?

I guess it's about time i get the knee and shin guard. Had couple of bruise and bad cut everytime i had this thought "I think i can do this jump/stun/short rock garden dh".

Anyway, i've done search around here and was point out that the Roach/RaceFace knee & shin guard are regarded the best options.... it cover all the way down close to your ankle, but non of the feedback i've read show shorter rider comment that it fit them good.
    I'm only 5'4" ~ 5'5". Yes i admit it, i'm short. You tall guys consider yourself lucky to shop easily for stuffs....
    Just afraid that the pad/shin plastic pass way down to my ankle/shoe, definitely won't be comfortable, when i push up then the knee won't be at the right spot.
    I don't have a local store to try it on but i saw Jenson have a sale on the Roach knee & shin guard that i would like to try on. Btw, is there any different between the 06' and 07' model?

So, if you are shorter like me or know of someone shorter that have the roach/raceface guard, please voice out your opinion. Or at least tell me what you ended up buying.

Thanks in advance.

Bike Breaker.
    Jan 2004
    I'm the same height as you and have the rally leg and arm pads, nice fit no worries.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by catnash
    I'm the same height as you and have the rally leg and arm pads, nice fit no worries.
    Same here.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    thanks guys...i feel comfortable to know that.
    I suppose you guys use the medium, as i don't see any small size?

Does anyone know the different between the 06' and 07'?