mtbr member
    Apr 2004

resoleing mtb shoes

my specialized carbon comp shoes, which I like very much, (or is "that I like very much" the proper grammar"), have barely any sole left and I hate the feel of walking around on concrete with them. They barely had much sole to begin with. I was thinking of just gluing on some chunks of Vibram with Shoe Goo, what do you think? They work fine and it'd be a waste to get another pair.

Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Quote Originally Posted by ishmael
    my specialized carbon comp shoes, which I like very much, (or is "that I like very much" the proper grammar"), have barely any sole left and I hate the feel of walking around on concrete with them. They barely had much sole to begin with. I was thinking of just gluing on some chunks of Vibram with Shoe Goo, what do you think? They work fine and it'd be a waste to get another pair.

I think you should come out of the cheap closet and buy a new pair. Is your bike held together with Duct Tape and Zip Ties?

Captain Underpants
    I asked my cousin who owns a shoe repair biz and he said the shoe goo will not keep the Vibram attached. Plus, they are not resoleable. Buy another pair, or else stay off concrete.

You may however be able to have a shoe repair shop attach some heel pads to the heel if that is the part wearing out.

I have a pair and I love them. Best shoe ever.

Members who have read this thread: 0