mtbr member

Recommendations for Light, Well Ventilated, Full Face Helmet

Hi All,

I am headed to Peru in September for guided tour and they are requiring a full-face helmet. I had hoped to wear an endure style helmet but they changed what they require.

I am not familiar with full face helmets at all except for what little I have found online in last day or so. I prefer something as light and well ventilated as possible and dont think I am going to need some beastly downhill helmet.

I have looked a bit and like the Archie-Enduro but dont know much about it. Also found threads from a year or more ago so wanted to see if there is anything new out there or any changes that might be what I am looking for.

thanks for help.
    Originally Posted by XC62701
    Agreed...make it longer. I want to know death is an option

pin it
    My original FF was a Giro remedy (had it for 4 years). I just purchased a Troy Lee D2 and its much lighter, and better ventilated. My goggles fit securely. It's a 2012 model so I got it for half the price. So far no complaints
    F*ck Cancer

Eat your veggies

mtbr member
    Thanks for input. I took a look at the Troy Lee helmets...i was under the impression that they were more orientated toward aggressive downhill? Maybe I am mistaken..as I said I know very little except what I have learned in last 2-3 days

mtbr member
    Like my archi-enduro. I don't normally wear it long rides, but the couple times I have it's been comfortable. I had a remedy carbon before and I find the urge substantially more comfortable (of course there's a protection trade-off) -- better fit for me, better breathing, better ventilation. Not XC-helmet ventilation, obviously, but not bad.

There are even lighter FF options than the urge, but my impression is they all have pretty flexy chin guards.

mtbr member
    I like the 661 Comp and the Rockgardn helmets...as well as the Archie. Not sure about flex of chin guards or not on those. All three seemed pretty light weight.

One thing on Archie that I did not like was the fact that there was no ear vents so sound was very muted. Kind of a bummer as liked it a lot otherwise

mtbr member
    The flexy chin ones I had in mind were the Met Parachute and Casco Viper. I don't have any personal experience with either.

To me, a big part of the comfort compromise of fullface helmets is the way the chin guard traps air in front of your face, so that when you're breathing hard you seem to be re-breathing the air you just exhaled. The more open design of the Urge helps a lot there (again, at the expense of safety).

lamer
    I don't know anything about full-face helmets, but for anyone shopping for one, the Archi-Enduro mentioned in this thread is on sale at http://www.theclymb.com/all/5260/urge for $114.98 - 30% "HAPPY4TH" coupon = ~$80 for the next 23 hours. Amazon seems to have them for $167, so I assume $80 is a pretty good price. It's "Racing White" color, available in sizes L/XL and S/M. theclymb.com is a legit, free "members-only" deal site.

Nickel Havr
    Check out the Kali Durgana...
    Quote Originally Posted by William Blake
    Great things are done when men and mountains meet. This is not done by jostling in the street .

mtbr member
    Just got the 661 Recon here, sold out pretty much everywhere else. Solid Helmet for $64.95!

Legit deal.

http://www.theclymb.com
    Last edited by rockcrusher; 09-15-2013 at 09:07 PM. Reason: affiliate link deleted.