mtbr member
    Jul 2005

Recommend some full fingered XC gloves

I cannot find my Specialized enduro gloves that I really liked, I think I left them at the trail head. Can anyone recommend some XC type full fingered gloves?

mtbr member
    I read your title and ^^ was going to recomend the ones you lost LOL..I picked up a pair and have about 5 rides on them now and they work/feel great...I read some good coments about Fox DirtPaw but never had a pair...
    Ride MORE = Live Longer
    Love Dirt / Hate Pavement

mtbr member
    Sep 2008

Re: Recommend some full fingered XC gloves

One industries zero gloves. Best gloves I have ever had. Well vented, fit well, and a sticky palm logo. They are not a winter glove, however. Too vented.

Of course, what fits me well may not fit you.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Fox Pawtector. These are considered Motocross, but are built better than any Fox mountainbike glove they make. I can get a couple seasons or more out of a pair...which is probably the reason they don't sell them in bike shops. Online to the rescue.

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Burt4x4 View Post
    I read your title and ^^ was going to recomend the ones you lost LOL..I picked up a pair and have about 5 rides on them now and they work/feel great...I read some good coments about Fox DirtPaw but never had a pair...
    Amazon.com: Fox Head Men's Dirtpaw Race Glove: Sports & Outdoors This Fox DirtPaw full finger gloves from amazon, and a lot of reviews are quite positive and it seems to enjoy a good quality and perfect for riding.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Have you looked at the TLD 'new' ACE gloves, not the ones we used to make, but our whole ACE line has been reshaped and focused on performance XC riding. THe new ACE glove is one of the thinnest gloves out there and holds up pretty well through riding and washing. Troy Lee DesignsŪ | Ace Glove
    It is so comfy, that most gravity riders run this glove, Gwin, Zink, Semenuk, Fairclough, Brosnan, etc...as well as enduro riders like Nico V, Curtis Keene.

mtbr member
    I really like the Giro DND. I hate gloves with velcro tabs, so that's my bias. I've have a previous gen. of the DND (called something else, I think). With some minor stitching to fix holes they've lasted almost 5 years. It's amazing what a needle and some unwaxed floss will fix.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    I like the Specialized Ridge BG they don't have the protection of the Enduro but much better venting.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    I loved the 661 recons I got a few years ago on chainlove. I fell on a cholla and had to toss them. I have some Giros that are ok. If I could find the recons on sale again I'd buy 'em.

Trailhead Poseur
    +1 on the Fox Dirtpaw. I'm using some Oakley gloves now, but my previous gloves were Dirtpaws and I liked them much better. They lasted me a couple of seasons and I only tossed them because they developed a perma-stink that no amount of washing could fix. BTW, you'll probably find them for the lowest price from a motorcycle place.
    Speed solves all problems, except for those things it makes worse.

Birdman aka JMJ
    I've owned a few pairs of Fox Ranger gloves, as well as some older Specialized BG gloves. I prefer minimal padding and a vented back, so the Rangers are cheap and effective. I bought some Fox gloves on closeout that had vinyl protection panels stitched onto the backs. I used a seam-ripper to remove the vinyl, thus converting them back to Rangers in about 10 minutes. I've got at least 3 pairs that I keep restitching.

JMJ

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    My favorite pair of gloves so far are giro xens. They strike the perfect balance of protection (mainly the padded knuckles) and comfort/feel for me. Can't really speak to durability as I've only had them a couple months but seem ok though the palms are pretty thin. They have a pad on the outside of the hand that I thought I wouldn't like but I don't notice it at all.
    Had giro DnD, hated them. Didn't cover the base of my hand/wrist, had them in a white color that had some lame non-breathing rubbery stuff on the back. Also were too wide for my hands. They honestly turned me off to Giro gloves completely, the Xens were a gift and I'm glad I've found them.
    The best gloves will be the ones that fit you best. Level of protection and padding are personal preference, there are people riding in all sorts of gloves for all sorts of riding.

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Mechanix... Why pay $50 for a pair of gloves, when you can pay $25 for gloves that are made with durability in mind.

Mechanix also sells a pair of Kevlar knuckled gloves for $45. All the other KK gloves I've found are about $65+. I've rode mine hard the last two sessions and they are not unthreading yet.

I also skateboard with my Mechanix gloves. I've slide on them several times and they have not got any holes yet.

The Mechanix automotive variety are some of the best gloves for MTB, IMHO.

Search Hi-vis and knuckle protection.
    Observe, report.