Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Get your freak on!
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    2,698

    A question for Voler clothing users...

    Hey,

    I am about to buy some MTBR clothing and would also like to get some knee warmers.

    My question is:

    What is the difference between 'lycra knee warmers' and 'Dryline knee warmers'? Besides cost

    Heres a link.

    Voler warmers


  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    173
    No idea in terms of fabric materials, but I have lycra arm warmers and dryline leg warmers, and dryline warmers have softer(more like cotton) feels than lycra ones. If you don't mind paying a few more bucks, go with dryline.



    Quote Originally Posted by bike_freak
    Hey,

    I am about to buy some MTBR clothing and would also like to get some knee warmers.

    My question is:

    What is the difference between 'lycra knee warmers' and 'Dryline knee warmers'? Besides cost

    Heres a link.

    Voler warmers

  3. #3
    Get your freak on!
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    2,698
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueBike
    No idea in terms of fabric materials, but I have lycra arm warmers and dryline leg warmers, and dryline warmers have softer(more like cotton) feels than lycra ones. If you don't mind paying a few more bucks, go with dryline.
    Thanks, I will go with the drylines I found the explanation to what dryline is... it is basiclly a double layer of fabri which removes all the 'cold' from inside and puts it on the outside, leaving you dry and warm.... or something like that


  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation: noslogan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,624

    Yes, go for the Dryline

    Dryline will be slightly warmer. The other style seems to be more for roadies. I rec'd the lycra style by mistake and returned them right away because I noticed that they seemed half as thick as the Dryline.

  5. #5
    Don't worry, be happy!
    Reputation: formica's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    6,505
    dryline is a wicking polyester.

  6. #6
    Adobo Lover
    Reputation: 95Stumpy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    975

    Bib tights from Voler

    Speaking of voler and driline. Has anyone tried their bib tights made of driline? I'm thinking of getting a Quest bib from Pearl Izumi, but the voler bibs caught my eye.

  7. #7
    Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Reputation: shiggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1998
    Posts
    47,832
    I use both. The Lycra ones are fine for cool, dry weather. The Dryline better for cool to cold and in the wet. The Dryline is also slightly less streatchy.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

  8. #8
    Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Reputation: shiggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1998
    Posts
    47,832
    Quote Originally Posted by 95Stumpy
    Speaking of voler and driline. Has anyone tried their bib tights made of driline? I'm thinking of getting a Quest bib from Pearl Izumi, but the voler bibs caught my eye.
    Not the tights but I use the Dryline bib knickers. Very nice, warm without being bulky. Not for extreme cold without another layer.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

  9. #9
    Adobo Lover
    Reputation: 95Stumpy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    975
    [QUOTE]

    What do you classify as extreme weather? Would you say the Drylines would be good to go in 30-40 degree weather and the lycra ones for anything above 40? Thanks for the info Shiggy.

  10. #10
    Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Reputation: shiggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1998
    Posts
    47,832
    Quote Originally Posted by 95Stumpy
    What do you classify as extreme weather? Would you say the Drylines would be good to go in 30-40 degree weather and the lycra ones for anything above 40? Thanks for the info Shiggy.
    The Drylines are great down to 30-ish, even in the wet. Depending on how bundled up you like to be they are fine to the low 20s. I also use them into the 60s.

    The lycra versions are good to the high 30s-low 40s.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

Similar Threads

  1. Attn NR Light users... (fuel guage question)
    By Dougie in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-03-2004, 11:45 AM
  2. Question for 2004 Z-1 FR users
    By Weyvoless in forum Downhill - Freeride
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-22-2004, 08:07 PM
  3. Question for Stans users
    By jjs in forum Arizona
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-28-2004, 09:46 AM
  4. Question for Race Face users....
    By Van_Island_Rider in forum Downhill - Freeride
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 03-26-2004, 02:44 PM
  5. Avalanche users - spring weight question
    By freeriderB in forum Shocks and Suspension
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-18-2004, 12:52 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •