Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

A question for Voler clothing users...

868 views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  shiggy 
#1 ·
Hey,

I am about to buy some MTBR clothing and would also like to get some knee warmers.

My question is:

What is the difference between 'lycra knee warmers' and 'Dryline knee warmers'? Besides cost:)

Heres a link.

Voler warmers

#2 ·
No idea in terms of fabric materials, but I have lycra arm warmers and dryline leg warmers, and dryline warmers have softer(more like cotton) feels than lycra ones. If you don't mind paying a few more bucks, go with dryline.

bike_freak said:
Hey,

I am about to buy some MTBR clothing and would also like to get some knee warmers.

My question is:

What is the difference between 'lycra knee warmers' and 'Dryline knee warmers'? Besides cost:)

Heres a link.

Voler warmers

#3 ·
BlueBike said:
No idea in terms of fabric materials, but I have lycra arm warmers and dryline leg warmers, and dryline warmers have softer(more like cotton) feels than lycra ones. If you don't mind paying a few more bucks, go with dryline.
Thanks, I will go with the drylines:) I found the explanation to what dryline is... it is basiclly a double layer of fabri which removes all the 'cold' from inside and puts it on the outside, leaving you dry and warm.... or something like that:)

#8 ·
95Stumpy said:
Speaking of voler and driline. Has anyone tried their bib tights made of driline? I'm thinking of getting a Quest bib from Pearl Izumi, but the voler bibs caught my eye.
Not the tights but I use the Dryline bib knickers. Very nice, warm without being bulky. Not for extreme cold without another layer.

#10 ·
95Stumpy said:
What do you classify as extreme weather? Would you say the Drylines would be good to go in 30-40 degree weather and the lycra ones for anything above 40? Thanks for the info Shiggy.
The Drylines are great down to 30-ish, even in the wet. Depending on how bundled up you like to be they are fine to the low 20s. I also use them into the 60s.

The lycra versions are good to the high 30s-low 40s.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.