mtbr member
    Oct 2004

A question about shoes

I was wondering if anyone had any experiences with Diadora shoes? I got a pair of Diadora Gekos about a month ago. They have been great up until my ride last night. It feels like something is poking up through the bottom of the shoe. Is that even possible? I have only ridden with them about 100 miles so far. My feet are very sore today because of it. Does anyone use insoles in their biking shoes? I am just concerned because I am diabetic and the last thing I want is to get an infection in my feet.

Thanks,
    Andy

Right Coast
    I have had those shoes for 2 years now and haven't had any problems with them. I would take the insert out of the shoe and inspect it for anything that you can see sticking up. Also run your hand in there and see if you feel something. Is the pain in the balls of your feet? You may be getting hot spots from the pedals. It wouldn't hurt to try some gel inserts or something. It would be cheaper than just buying a new pair of shoes.
    "Majority rule don't work in mental institutions"

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    The pain seems to be exactly where my pedals attach to my shoes, so yes the balls of my feet are the problem. I will give gel inserts a try. I am pretty new to the whole clipless concept so I wasn't sure if inserts would effect the performance/safety of the pedals.

Chrome Toaster
    Quote Originally Posted by Unsane
    I was wondering if anyone had any experiences with Diadora shoes? I got a pair of Diadora Gekos about a month ago. They have been great up until my ride last night. It feels like something is poking up through the bottom of the shoe. Is that even possible? I have only ridden with them about 100 miles so far. My feet are very sore today because of it. Does anyone use insoles in their biking shoes? I am just concerned because I am diabetic and the last thing I want is to get an infection in my feet.

Thanks,
    Andy
    Sounds like the screw from the cleat is too long and trying to push through as the sole breaks in. Verify this and if so you'll need shorter screws.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    What exactly are "hot spots"?? I was also wondering if anyone has heard of or used Shock Doctors? They are like a carbon fiber footbed/insole. They sound pretty nice.

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by Hecubus
    Sounds like the screw from the cleat is too long and trying to push through as the sole breaks in. Verify this and if so you'll need shorter screws.
    I have had that happen.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common