mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Quad XC linkages vs leg armor?

I am frame shopping, and have my eye on an '09 Mt. Vision.
    I saw a review on the 2010 Vision where they commented that its linkage had been streamlined and had better clearance around the legs.

So, can anyone comment on whether the '09 Mt Vision's shock linkages are bulky enough to interfere/catch on leg armor? (while pedaling, or riding downhill over big bumps where there's lots of suspension movement) Or, is it a non-issue?

on my 3rd wind...
    I bang my inner knee on the linkage from time to time only when I come off riding other brand bikes that I own. Once I ride the MV/WR for couple days in a row, my body becomes subconsciously aware of the wide linkage and no longer hit them anymore until I switch bikes.

I have worn both 661 XC evo lite and Kyle Strait knee guard. I don't recall ever catch them on the linkage.
    sth

Undercaffienated
    I ride with Race Face Dig knee pads as well as with a pair of Rockgardn knee/shin guards (occasionally), and this has not been an issue for me.

I am about 170 lbs and ride a medium '09 MV.

NWS
    mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    I have an 09 Wolf Ridge, Fox Launch Pads (knee + shin), and have never had an issue with interference. I don't ride any other bikes, so I may have subconsciously gotten slightly bowlegged, but it's not something I've ever actually noticed.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Good, thanks.

mtbr member
    I have the Lizard Skins knee+shin guards and have never had any problems.