Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Q for the Men: Best Mtb shorts to offer support? (or women if they have the answer)

4K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Bill in Houston 
#1 ·
I need to obtain the best mountain bike shorts that will offer support w/o crushing the important parts. No need for me to get graphic I just need some better support!

#2 ·
What are you currently using? My compression shorts have plenty of support. It's all about pre ride positioning. Take the time before you get on your bike to ensure proper ergonomic geometry for your goods. I have Fox, pearl Izumi and Cannondale shorts and they all work fine for me.

#5 ·
The best, most comfortable shorts for me have been the serfas gel chamois shorts. I have a pair of the baggy mtb shorts with the gel liner, and found them so comfortable that now I buy extra of just the chamois part. The gel feels nice on the netherlands region compared to any other I've tried over the years.

#6 ·
I wear addidas climate cool boxer briefs under my baggy mtb shorts. They have elastic seams around the jock area to hold you tight and the material breathes enough that wearing them under the liner of my shorts doesn't make things too much hotter. My shorts are more comfortable with them as well.

#7 ·
You know I just thought about this but... this has to be a joke right? I can't imagine getting to an age where one is able to navigate the interwebs and type etc. etc. without knowing how to support the junk.

Especially given that this is a sport noted for it's skin tight apparel.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.