"El Whatever"

Pro Tec Ace Dig Helmet

Hi all !!!

Anyone using one of these for average trail riding?

I understand it may be kinda hot, but Giro is no longer making the Semi MX and I'm looking for a inexpensive helmet with a decent sized visor, and better coverage for the head.

I'll try to get a hold of a Semi MX (there are some still laying around, some even in Mexico) and the Ace Dig would be my second choice.

Thanks!
    Warp
    Check my Site

mtbr member
    Giro Zen? My buddy uses an Ace Dig for everything, and he complains a lot about how hot it gets on XC rides.
    Tarekith.com

'12 RM Slayer70, i9 Torch, Flow EX, XT Brakes, 5050 s3.

"El Whatever"
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarekith
    Giro Zen? My buddy uses an Ace Dig for everything, and he complains a lot about how hot it gets on XC rides.
    Nice.... that'd be my first choice but don't have the dough for a Xen. I know they can run for as low as 80 bucks, but then I have to weigh in shipping, duties, etc.
    Check my Site

mtbr member
    My vote would be to keep saving if you can. I didn't have much cash either when I was shopping for helmets, and I"m glad I waited until I could get my Xen.
    Tarekith.com

'12 RM Slayer70, i9 Torch, Flow EX, XT Brakes, 5050 s3.

"El Whatever"
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarekith
    My vote would be to keep saving if you can. I didn't have much cash either when I was shopping for helmets, and I"m glad I waited until I could get my Xen.

I'm toying with the idea... but my current helmet has two and a half years now, it lost the visor and it's rain season here... which means lots of branches to hit your face and a good visor is vital to deflect branches and keep glasses from rain drops.

But yeah, maybe saving and waiting it's the way to go.
    Check my Site

mtbr member
    I'm using the Givo Havoc for 3 years now I'm on my second one. I cracked the first one going over the bars head first onto a big slab of granit. They run around $50 or less.

Formerly DMR For Life
    I use it for winter communting and play time at the local skate park...i would say much to hot for trail riding in the sun

DMR

mtbr member
    Dec 2004

Semi MX

Is this what you are looking for. I hope you wear a med, or small.

http://wheelworld.com/itemdetails.cf...gId=39&id=3511

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mgsuarez
    Is this what you are looking for. I hope you wear a med, or small.

http://wheelworld.com/itemdetails.cf...gId=39&id=3511

That sure looks like the one to me that he is talking about, it looks awesome as well
    Good lookin out

"El Whatever"
    Thanks for all your posts, guys!

I just ordered a Semi MX from wheelworld, matte black, small... I have a really small head (54 or 6 3/4 give or take a bit).

I was looking for this one locally, but they ran out of smalls.
    My second shot was the Ace Dig.

I was looking for something with a decent visor as we usually ride narrow singletracks and we constantly have branches hitting our faces... the visor helps with this and with the sun on those miserable climbs under the sun.

I'm willing to sacrifice some cooling, for some more protection and better visibility on those singletracks you can't take the sight off the trail... and why not? A better look. Weather is so miserable hot here sometimes, that having more holes on the helmet causes more burn and I go so slow on the climbs that more cooling vents are not really helping.
    Check my Site