mtbr member
    Feb 2008

popular mtb sunglasses?

Hello, what are some of the most popular mtb sunglasses right now for casual riders?

Trail Ninja
    I see a lot of variety out there. Don't think there's really any standout popular one. Though, around my parts in SoCal, I notice Oakley Jawbones/Racing Jackets a bit more. Maybe I remember because I thought they look really good and because they have a distinct shape. Don't even bother checking what brand the others are wearing, let alone model...

Tried a few on from Tifosi and Ryders and other brands, and they don't seem terrible. I personally use two shades, one for sunny and one for low light, since I'm too lazy to swap lenses. Not sure if the the photochromic ones work all that well, but my goggles have that treatment and I love 'em.

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    I use Oakley Fast Jackets. They are comfortable and super easy to change the lenses.

mtbr member
    love my Tifosi phototech or whatever they call. Good optics. 100% uv protection. Late afternoon, cloudy, night rides, or denser forest... works perfect. Full sun, out in the open... need to be darker, but still 100% protection. They make a darker version too, but they won't work for night rides.

I Tried Them ALL... Moderator

Not spam

Red Star Worldwear. Get Promo code and pay only shipping for a great set of Polarized glasses, with replaceable optics.
    "The mind will quit....well before the body does"

Attack Position
    I really like my Bolle Bolts. Super comfortable and many lens options.
    Lone biker of the apocalypse.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    I purchased a pair of generic polarized glasses from REI a while back for $19. They work great and I often forget that I have them on.
    Killing it with close inspection.

mtbr member

Re: popular mtb sunglasses?

Probably not the most popular, but I went trough lot of different shapes till I have found the one which works the best for me.
    Radarlock XL straight.
    They cover larger area, but at the same time they don't come too far out on the sides = better fit with most helmets.
    Regular radar/radarlock (non straight) are not very compatible with my favorite helmet (TL A1)
    You should definitely try the glasses with the helmet you use before you buy.

mtbr member

popular mtb sunglasses?

I have two pair of Tifosi photo tech (?) and they great. But get whatever fits your face the best.

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    i love my oakley jawbones + g30 iridiums perfect for where i ride. comfortable with helmet straps. easily changeable lenses.

i bought them on oakley vault . me and the lady have a pair and back up lenses. all im lacking are some clear lenses.

vented lenses are great. i thought they were gimmicky until the first time my glasses fogged up and immediately defogged

Token Hillbilly
    Quote Originally Posted by d365 View Post
    love my Tifosi phototech or whatever they call. Good optics. 100% uv protection. Late afternoon, cloudy, night rides, or denser forest... works perfect. Full sun, out in the open... need to be darker, but still 100% protection. They make a darker version too, but they won't work for night rides.
    ∆∆∆This for me as well though I typically wear clear lenses these days.
    Trying to win hearts and minds, but willing to stomp them if necessary.

mtbr member
    3M smoke safety glasses from Home Depot. Not too dark,wrap around & cheap @ 6.00 a pair. Winchester yellow shooter glasses for night riding. Same specs. Safe effective and cheap.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by velo99 View Post
    3M smoke safety glasses from Home Depot. Not too dark,wrap around & cheap @ 6.00 a pair. Winchester yellow shooter glasses for night riding. Same specs. Safe effective and cheap.
    +1
    "By Your Command"

Drinkin' the 29er KoolAid
    I'm a big fan of Rudy Project... have a few sets of Kerosene and Rydon models with clear, yellow, and my favorite for general use is their "Racing Red" lenses which I find really improves contrast when in riding in tree cover.