Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Poc Trabec Race or Trabec Race MIPS or Troy LEE a1 helmet

20K views 27 replies 17 participants last post by  SD853 
#1 ·
I am considering to buy a second helmet I am thinking to get POC Trabec Race, Trabec Race MIPS Version or Troy Lee A1.

Do you think the POC Trabec MIPS version worth the money and what do you think about the protection level that Troy Lee A1 compared to POC Trabec Race/ MIPS?

#5 ·
Does it offers same level of protection of poc trabec race/mips version?

I own a orange/ white Poc trabec race, but I need a 2nd helmet just for backup, coz most of the time I clean my helmet to remove mud and usually takes 2 days for the strap go dry.

#9 ·
Do you think the POC Trabec MIPS version worth the money ?
Read this article.... I know it's a long one.
Towards the end of the article they talk a bit about MIPS...
SENSELESS | Bicycling Magazine

Is it worth the money? I don't know... But the testing and studies show that if it reduces rotational inertia I think it might be.

Other helmet manufacturers are starting to look into the technology as well...

#11 ·
I think you correct about this after watching this video in youtube about mips MIPS Helmet Technology - YouTube It reduces the inertia force so less likely to have a severe brain damage when you crash your head on the ground.

I've ordered POC Trabec Race MIPS white/black. I do like the radon blue but they don't have M/L size.

Troy Lee a1 doesn't have mips so in the event of major crash the protection isn't as good as Trabec Race MIPS.

The only thing I don't like with the Trabec Race MIPS is their color scheme, but of course Protection is the most important, those bling bling won't save your brain.

Do you which full face helmet offers MIPS technology besides POC, I'll have to change my full face helmet as well with MIPS tech.

#12 ·
i had my fair share of crashes and it hurts. i cant imagine riding without a helmet. my head is very important and i dont want to ending up like a vegetable. pay the extra $$ and protect your head.

#13 ·
I have the trabec race MIPS. My friend has the TLD A1. His lid is great. TLD doesn't mess around when it comes to helmets. I currently have a TLD D3 carbon and it is excellent. I should have gone with the A1 but got caught up in the MIPS. I really don't see how it is beneficial. The coverage on the A1 is amazing and sits better on the head. Trabec MIPS looks weird and sits high.

#14 ·
I had serious accident and landed on head cracking bell helmet

I researched helmets and bought the poc MIPS 6 months ago after taking off 6 months
To recover.

I feel safer and believe the poc research knowing they design ski helmets which must take multiple impacts

The head is the most important part of the body ........at any cost

#16 ·
I of course speak with Bias, as I am the marketing and athlete manager here at TLD, so I won't go into a long winded sales pitch on our new A1 helmet, but overwhelming response from our dealers and customers has been "its the most comfortable helmet I have ever put on my head", and that comfort did not sacrifice safety as we meet and EXCEED all of the helmet testing, but more importantly, the helmet has already saved a few heads. I have received a few emails with pics of guys taking horrendous hits to the head, and the helmet has survived! but more importantly none of these riders sustained any head trauma. There are a lot of great trail helmets on the market right now, safety has gotten better, styling, ventilation, fit, and I am proud of the team here on the A1, we took a lot of time to make it fit well, look great and most of all-make it safe.

#23 ·
i have the white POC MIPS and dont have heating issues. i was riding just last friday at the famous blanket creek in canton, ga and it was 93 degrees and my head didnt even feel hot.

#24 ·
I went through this recently and ended up choosing the POC. Great fit for me, but hot. If I had to do it again, I would get the TLD A1.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.