Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Dec 2011

POC Trabec Race Helmet

I am considering the POC Trabec Race helmet. Anyone wearing one? How do you like it, or not?

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    I have one and I'm pretty happy with it. It's breezy and cool, as long as you are moving. I also find it very comfortable in general, but have heard that not everyone does. I couldn't find one to try on before I bought it, but got lucky with the fit. I already had a POC skiing helmet, so that probably helped. I would definitely recommend trying one on, before you buy, but that goes without saying.

I like the quality of their helmets and goggles and personally think that they're worth the price, although I found both of my helmets and pair of goggles on sale. I would pay retail, if I had to though.

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by 1Flashback View Post
    I am considering the POC Trabec Race helmet. Anyone wearing one? How do you like it, or not?
    Just received my Poc Trabec Race

POC Trabec/Trabec Race
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

avoid doors
    Apr 2012

Safety first

I am considering this helmet because had a bad spill with a Bell helmet after getting 'doored"

Helmet cracked badly as did my head................concussion

Is the POC more protection?

Thanks

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    I have an XL Trabec. Feels more substantial than previous Bell products I've used. Euro styling may not be for everyone, but I like the looks. No complaints so far.

mtbr member
    I've have had my Trabec for over two months now and I really like it. I haven't crashed on it yet but I'm sure it will hold up fine.
    It's not a cheep helmet but how much is your head worth.

Photobucket

mtbr member
    Dec 2011

Got The POC

Got it, wore it and love it! Very comfortable and certainly offers more protection than my Giro Phase. The weight is close though. Giro - 377 grams POC - 368 grams. The Giro feels lighter on the head but now my head feels naked after wearing the POC. The Poc was a great choice and worth the price.

Speaking of POC products, if you are looking at the POC knee pads, they run small. By the chart, I should be a meduim. Nope, had to return them for a large.

Quote Originally Posted by the wheel View Post
    I am considering this helmet because had a bad spill with a Bell helmet after getting 'doored"

Helmet cracked badly as did my head................concussion

Is the POC more protection?

Thanks
    The POC fits my head very well and covers more of my head than the Bell XC/road helmets I have had. POC also does research on how to protect the head rather than just pass the certification tests.

I expect the Trabec to do its job well and minimize injury, but a concussion is still very possible.
    mtbtires.com

avoid doors
    Apr 2012

Thanks

No guarantees when bike riding but really appreciate the response

I feel very lucky not to be worse so I can't blame the Bell

The added coverage I think is worth the money and will try the POC on at REI.if they have it

Is the sizing of the helmet right if you measure the head circumference above the ears.

Thanks everyone

No guarantees when bike riding but really appreciate the response

I feel very lucky not to be worse so I can't blame the Bell

The added coverage I think is worth the money and will try the POC on at REI.if they have it

Is the sizing of the helmet right if you measure the head circumference above the ears.

Thanks everyone
    Need to try it on.
    Measured head circumference does not take head shape into account. The medium Trabec fits my head shape perfectly. Many other brands with the "same" circumference will not even go on my head.
    mtbtires.com

avoid doors
    Apr 2012
    Thanks Shiggy

Will make sure I try it on before I buy

avoid doors
    Apr 2012
    Thanks 1Flashback for info on where you got the POC helmet

mtbr member
    i have a trabec and love it. but definitely try one on. my trabec is a medium so i ordered a poc receptor in medium without trying it on, won't fit at all. sucks. the trabec fits close to my giro xen but the receptor runs much smaller.

the trabec is solid though. still no guarantee of no concussion if you crash bad enough, but it's as good as anything out there imho

avoid doors
    Apr 2012

Thanks for info

I will definitely try it on before I buy

I Ride Bikes
    I've been eyeing the Trabec for some time now. I can't decide between that or the S3 MT from Spesh.

No Clue Crew
    Apr 2005
    As others have said, try it on. I like Euro styling and have been wearing Urge helmets for a couple years. The Endur-o-matic fits my head perfectly. Tried on the POC and it wasn't even close to fitting me, based on head shape.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by shiggy View Post
    The POC fits my head very well and covers more of my head than the Bell XC/road helmets I have had. POC also does research on how to protect the head rather than just pass the certification tests.

I expect the Trabec to do its job well and minimize injury, but a concussion is still very possible.
    For extra protection, try the Trabec race MIPS. MIPS will reduce the chance of concussion. Mips reduces the rotational forces in a crash by 40%. The rotational forces is a very much involved in causing a concussion.

http://mipshelmet.com/home

Also, the race and race mips has extra Aramid bridges to increase helmet strength and reduce risk of penetration. Aramid will also hold the helmet together on your head in a crash with multi-impact hits to your head, even if the EPS core brakes/cracks.

Quote Originally Posted by Nilsern View Post
    For extra protection, try the Trabec race MIPS. MIPS will reduce the chance of concussion. Mips reduces the rotational forces in a crash by 40%. The rotational forces is a very much involved in causing a concussion.

MIPS | People love doing crazy things. Let's keep it that way!

Also, the race and race mips has extra Aramid bridges to increase helmet strength and reduce risk of penetration. Aramid will also hold the helmet together on your head in a crash with multi-impact hits to your head, even if the EPS core brakes/cracks.
    Better, but a concussion is still very possible.
    mtbtires.com

avoid doors
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Nilsern View Post

MIPS | People love doing crazy things. Let's keep it that way!

Thanks for input

I will get the mips as I believe torsion was a contributor to the bleeding on brain

Only problem is who has it to try on............my calls haven't found many

Dave

mtbr member
    I think REI might have the POC with MIPS.

avoid doors
    Apr 2012

Rei

Thanks

REI does carry and I was told it's an online item

I am calling around but many REI stores don't have in stock

Let you know what i find

mtbr member
    Thanks

REI does carry and I was told it's an online item

I am calling around but many REI stores don't have in stock

Let you know what i find
    It looks like this company has them in stock. I have never purchased anything from them so I don't know if there any good.
    POC Trabec Race MIPS

mtbr member

... and if we just ...

Quote Originally Posted by Rock dude View Post
    It looks like this company has them in stock. I have never purchased anything from them so I don't know if there any good.
    POC Trabec Race MIPS
    This site is legit, bought a trabec & they sent me a trabec race

mtbr member
    Bike bling has them in stock. I also put mine through a good impact test recently. Probably the hardest hit I have ever taken in my 30 years of riding BMX and mountain. Bars caught a rock and threw me down hard enough to dislocate my shoulder and blow a disk in my neck. No mention of a concussion in the ER, but I did have a headache for a few days. Compare that to my crash over memorial day where I actually got my hands out to break my fall, and my elbow, while wearing my Giro. I ended up with a pretty severe concussion. Not scientific but I will say that I am buying another Trabec Race with the MIPS system for my next helmet. I thought the fit was awesome btw.

I Ride Bikes
    Amazon has them for sale also,

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast