mtbr member
    Jul 2012

POC Cortex Flow vs. DH vs. 661 Pacman

Hello,

I have the 661 Fenix Arcadium (Pacman) FF and it's done a great job in several falls.

However, I run hot and it's not as ventilated as I'd like, plus it also feels too heavy - saw list weight = 1350 grams.

Looking to get another helmet and POCs seem interesting. Does anyone know what are the exact weights of the Flow and DH? The Flow is probably uner 700 grams and it's the heavier of the two??? Wow! Also, do they have removable and washable pads?

The 661 is also supposedly brace-compatible (I don't have a a brace yet, but may be getting one later or next year) - what's the final word on POC?

My body armor (that I don't wear much) is POC VPD jacket

Thank you!

beater
    I bought a Cortex Flow last summer. When I bought it I was told that the POC helmets weren't really designed with brace compatibility in mind. I shrugged it off at the time, and still don't have a brace, but I'm not sure I'd make the same decision again. Whether POC has adjusted the helmet shape since then, I don't know.

Cheek pads are removable, and they come with 2 different thicknesses to adjust fit. Sorry, but I don't remember whether you can pull the other pads or not. I don't wear it very often, and usually not in the heat, so it hasn't been an issue for me.

If I were in the market again, I'd be looking at the Kali helmets. The Avatar is crazy light, and the prices are pretty good.
    "Back off, man. I'm a scientist." - Dr. Peter Venkman

Riding in Helena? Everything you need to know, right here.