Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    mtbr member
    May 2008

Pearl Izumi X Project Shoes

Pearl Izumi X Project Shoes, anyone find these for sale yet? The way they are designed fits the riding in Thailand to a T (at least what they are described as). I would like a real world unbiased review and maybe where I can try/buy the darn things

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by shiftless89 View Post
    Pearl Izumi X Project Shoes, anyone find these for sale yet? The way they are designed fits the riding in Thailand to a T (at least what they are described as). I would like a real world unbiased review and maybe where I can try/buy the darn things
    Been looking for those my self. So far I have not been able to locate . they do not show up on the PI website either
    guess that we will have to wait a bit
    kompressor

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by kompressor View Post
    Been looking for those my self. So far I have not been able to locate . they do not show up on the PI website either
    guess that we will have to wait a bit
    Heard from PI that the shoes should be available around March
    kompressor

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by kompressor View Post
    Heard from PI that the shoes should be available around March
    Just put a reminder in my calendar for March. My sidi's have some life left, they are just not good for Hike-a-bike sections

Fat & Single
    Any news on these shoes..... been hanging since October for these, still no sign or mention on their website.
    Ti O'Beast
    Indy Fab
    One9
    Dirty Disco CX

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    It is odd, there has been no talk on their website. They are listed in all the newest catalogs but not available yet. Keep in contact with your LBS I bet they will be able to hook you up before anyone else.

Fat & Single
    Theres a load of vids and BIG release reports on numerous websites, flashing lights, glossy pics and bum patting about them at the last quarter of 2012 then nothing at all !!!

A bit dissappointing for us running about in our sock soles waiting on them.... Pearl Izumi do you know how painful it is to ride eggbeaters with no shoes

..... a wee bit of exaggeration there, riding 6 month old Dragon 3's but might as well be in my socks with the sole wear on them, pure crap.
    Ti O'Beast
    Indy Fab
    One9
    Dirty Disco CX

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    My LBS told me the other day they went back to the drawing board. Something about problems with the carbon....

Fat & Single
    Cheers Tex, would be nice of them to tell us. Oh well, been hanging long enough, will go look at some others.
    Ti O'Beast
    Indy Fab
    One9
    Dirty Disco CX

mtbr member
    May 2008
    yes ozzy, i will still be waitin to see these too, in the meantime i just ebayed a set of X-alp endura III's to try. just waiting on arrival

Fat & Single
    I have emailled Pearl Izumi, i'll give it a couple of days then im looking for something else.
    Ti O'Beast
    Indy Fab
    One9
    Dirty Disco CX

I <3 dirt

Subscribing. I want new shoes and couldn't find any release date for these.
    WHY ARE YOU YELLING??!1

Dude, got any schwag?
    I was expecting to see them on display next month at Sea Otter, but after reading this I will lower my expectations.
    Billy

Speed is sweet, it's like an avenue to
    ... Shredtopia!

I <3 dirt

They had them at interbike
    WHY ARE YOU YELLING??!1

Fat & Single
    Quote Originally Posted by ozzybmx View Post
    I have emailled Pearl Izumi, i'll give it a couple of days then im looking for something else.
    Ok Pearl Izumi customer service got back to me saying "If all goes smoothly, we're hoping to have the first batch in late May"
    Ti O'Beast
    Indy Fab
    One9
    Dirty Disco CX

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilikebmx999 View Post
    They had them at interbike

and did you get to try them on? and are they going to be available?

I <3 dirt

Quote Originally Posted by shiftless89 View Post
    and did you get to try them on? and are they going to be available?
    I didn't go but a friend did and he tried them on. He said they felt great but no release date. See what ozzybmx said.
    WHY ARE YOU YELLING??!1

Fat & Single
    Im a massive LAKE shoe rider, ive currently got MX330c in white and in Black and MX236 in white, i went SIDI's as LAKE were going under but they are back on board, i might sack waiting on the PI X-Projects and get the new MX331's in red..... decisions, decisions....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pearl Izumi X Project Shoes-mx331-1024x775.jpg  

Ti O'Beast
    Indy Fab
    One9
    Dirty Disco CX

Short-Change-Hero
    I just talked to my local PI store and the girls there were great (as always). Said that the 1.0 should be released in late May with the 2.0 and 3.0 following in early July. That was the best she could come up with but had quite a few people that had been interested in them. For the time being my X-Alps will have to do and I will just deal with the failing velcro until then.
    On-One Inbred 29er (Purple People Eater)
    Kona Jake
    Bikes for Boobs F*ck Cancer! One too many, 6/24/13. Miss ya ma'.

Got a suspension fork
    PI told me today via email that the X-Project shoes should be out in June.
    ONE SHOX, ONE GEAR, LOTS of FUN! www.TrailFu.com My Rides

mtbr member
    Too much of a delay. I was holding off as long as I could, but my shoes were falling apart. Had to pull the trigger on some new Shimanos.

I <3 dirt

Same here. I really wanted these but couldn't hold off any longer for shoes. Ended up with giro gauges and I'm happy.

But for my next pair.....I'll certainly check these out.
    WHY ARE YOU YELLING??!1

Fat & Single
    Yep me too, I bought the MX331 Lakes.

IMO Pearl Izumi have done a bit of a marketing balls up with these, they blew the wind up them nearly a year ago... got us all interested and everyone was hanging out for them.... then nothing !!!

May, maybe June but still no mention of them on the PI website, actually their website is another thing lacking in what is a company that produces top notch cycling products.
    Ti O'Beast
    Indy Fab
    One9
    Dirty Disco CX

Short-Change-Hero
    Quote Originally Posted by ozzybmx View Post
    Yep me too, I bought the MX331 Lakes.

IMO Pearl Izumi have done a bit of a marketing balls up with these, they blew the wind up them nearly a year ago... got us all interested and everyone was hanging out for them.... then nothing !!!

May, maybe June but still no mention of them on the PI website, actually their website is another thing lacking in what is a company that produces top notch cycling products.
    Would you have rather had them have delays and deliver a high quality product or just shove something out to meet their "proverbial" release date? Personally I would rather have the prior than the later, but I am not in your situations where my shoes are falling apart (though my velcro will be done after this season). June I am stoked to see these and grab a pair.
    On-One Inbred 29er (Purple People Eater)
    Kona Jake
    Bikes for Boobs F*ck Cancer! One too many, 6/24/13. Miss ya ma'.

Fat & Single
    Quote Originally Posted by gregnash View Post
    Would you have rather had them have delays and deliver a high quality product or just shove something out to meet their "proverbial" release date?
    I dont really care anymore either way. The original release was blown out long ago... hopefully they come good on the June release date.

I have a few pair of shoes, definately not riding about in rags. The walkability of these appealed to me but so did the new lakes and the delay has sent me else where.
    Ti O'Beast
    Indy Fab
    One9
    Dirty Disco CX

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast