Sweat is just fat crying.

Pearl Izumi Vagabond M4 shoes on sale at REI

$59.99. Pretty good deal on a pretty good pair of shoes. I've got a pair of the M3s and they've stood me in good stead. I think that's good.

I got the flier in the mail and checked their website. No mention of the sale price on the site.

Sale is Aug. 24- Sept 3.

fp
    Mountain Biking Is Not A Crime stickers, free! (You pay postage. PM me for details.)

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    I just happened to pick up a pair of these today. Unfortunately at the Pearl Izumi outlet and not REI. REI didn't have anything in my goofy size and after a store hopping I found these at the outlet. Ah well what can you do.

mtbr member
    the cheaper price is now reflected on the site.

mtbr member
    I purchased these M4 shoes at REI. Installed the inserts/cleats for my Shimano 505 clipless pedels into the shoes that night. Got to the TH at 06:00 for a pre-work ride. Tried to clip in....no luck. The sole of the shoe was hitting the pedals so the cleats couldn't engage the pedals.

For a quick fix, I had to cut up a plastic card and shimmy it under the cleat on the shoes - which allowed enough clearance for me to successfully clip into my 505 pedals.

I would think this is a common problem with these shoes....or am I missing something obvious??

Later,
    Mike