mtbr member
    Apr 2009

Pearl izumi seek shoe squEEK.

Is anyone else having a loud squeek coming from the shoe / pedal interface? I have to grease my pedals often on a ride. Also the shoes make a frog croaking sound when I walk. It's really irritating but otherwise the shoes are perfect.
    Has anyone tried to get replacements from the company?

Huffy Rider
    Both hubby and I wear them, both are quiet. Sorry...and they are rad shoes!

mtbr member
    I wear the PI X-Alp Enduro (basically the velcro/ratchet version) and the only time i get a squeak is from a pair of Time ATAC's that i lubed the retention system. I get the same squeak from another pair of Shimano shoes when using the same pedals. I do not have any squeak on my other 2 bikes that i haven't lubed the spring/retention bar on. Maybe the lube is causing the squeak?

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    I'm using Shimano pedals and when the lube goes away Holy man! Crazy loud. Maybe I just need to contact the company. I'm bummed I didn't buy them at REI their return policy rocks.

mtbr member
    What are you lubing?

My Sidis squeek but its the leather uppers after they've been coated with road grime from riding in the rain. Goes away after a few dry weeks but then comes right back the next time they get wet.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Ha! My shoes get quiet when they get wet. Now that it's really dry the problem is worse. I lube all around the cleats and the parts of the pedal that touch the plastic of the shoe sole. I can see the wear spots where the steel pedal parts touch the shoe sole. I put lube there and the sound goes away.

Huffy Rider
    Grind away the sole that is getting rubbed