mtbr member
    Aug 2013

Pearl Izumi Men's Elite Amfib Cycling Bib Tight Sizing question

I can't decide figure out if I should go with a L or XL. I'm 5"7", 220 and wear a size 38 in jeans. I'm worried that the XL is going to be to big/long and the L is going to be too tight. I have huge (power lifting type) legs. Can any commit on how these things fit size wise for short stocky guys?
    Pearl Izumi Men's Elite Amfib Cycling Bib Tight

Amazon.com: Pearl Izumi Men's Elite Amfib Cycling Bib Tight, Black/ Black, X-Large: Clothing
    2014 Surly "OPS"
    2013 Scott Scale 960
    2012 Trek 3900 Disk

I'm a beer drinker with a mountain bike problem...

mtbr member
    I'm 5'11" 220 with 38 waist. My legs are 27" at the widest part (just measured). large fits me well, with some room to spare.

I'd say go with the large in the bib. I would assume the XL would be very long on you, and the straps would need to be shortened a lot.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    I am 5'8 175 and wear the xl bibs just have to roll/fold under the leg like a inverse cuff, being they are tights it stays put no issue. Been using the same pair of AMFIB tights for 3 seasons best tights I have owned, been toying with picking up a gore bike wear pair with the windstopper but these have been so reliable and warm I don't see the point until the A** area wears out!

I do have shorter legs and longer torso so the bib straps are not an issue for me personally.
    XC, Road, XXC, Endurance, Mtn, All-Mtn, Cross, Gravel, just go have fun on 2 wheels!

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Just tried on a friends size L and they fit perfectly other than being about 2-3 inches to long but I can live with that.
    2014 Surly "OPS"
    2013 Scott Scale 960
    2012 Trek 3900 Disk

I'm a beer drinker with a mountain bike problem...

mtbr member
    Anyone have any testimonials on these? What temps do you use them in? how warm are they, How do they fit? Looking for a good tight for the winter here in colorado. Mainly for fat biking and fat bike races.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008

amfib

Quote Originally Posted by neil.beltchenko View Post
    Anyone have any testimonials on these? What temps do you use them in? how warm are they, How do they fit? Looking for a good tight for the winter here in colorado. Mainly for fat biking and fat bike races.
    I really like mine and they are the go to tights 40s and below for me. Legs generally never get cold. They fit fine but like anything hard to comment on. I do use the version without a chamios so can put shorts underneath which is an extra layer. Colorado can get cold but here we sometimes have it wet and cold and the front of these helps.
    XC, Road, XXC, Endurance, Mtn, All-Mtn, Cross, Gravel, just go have fun on 2 wheels!

Come on, dare me!
    Quote Originally Posted by neil.beltchenko View Post
    I've been using them here in Montreal, Qc, Canada for my winter riding for the last 4-5 years, in low temps about 14 F to highs about 32. They are comfortable and keep the warmth in and the wick out. Of course, you need to complement those with good winter gloves and bike shoes, but the AMfib are really a good investment and will last for a long time.