Class Clown

Pearl Izumi bibs, impressions?

Looking at a couple, Elite w/3D chamois

1st
    Elite Therm Bar

2nd, w/Amfib
    Elite Amfib

I'll be trying these on but wanted to get some riding impressions. The first is for cool to cold it says, the second looks beast so it should be for brrrrrr it's cold. I'm wondering if I'll get too hot in it though.

Helmetless Crasher
    I have both. Your understanding is correct. Amfib is VERY warm - I don't use them unless its below 40.
    '95 M2 StumpJumper FS
    '11 Cannondale RZ 120-two

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    The Elite thermal you forget your wearing them. The Amfibs are a little restrictive but warmer.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    But can you pee with them on?

I have an ancient pair of PI tights and they come up so high in front it is a freaking hassle to take a leak. They look like they still come up real high, but maybe I'm wrong.

Flow like water
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilarider View Post

I have an ancient pair of PI tights and they come up so high in front it is a freaking hassle to take a leak. They look like they still come up real high, but maybe I'm wrong.
    I guess it depends on how tight they are. Do you mean stopping and disrobing, or pissing en passant?

mtbr member
    Dec 2012

My amfibs have a flap, my elites do not.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by DavyRay View Post
    I guess it depends on how tight they are. Do you mean stopping and disrobing, or pissing en passant?
    Since you asked for details (this is off the bike, there is no way to do it on the bike with them):

I have to bend at the waist 90 deg., stick my arm in up to the elbow and pull up real hard, while pulling the tights down with the other hand, and then get my face out of the way.

If you still have to do that, I would look for another brand.

Class Clown
    Thanks guys, I ended up going for the non-chamois versions of both, and just wear some chamois shorts with them. The Amfib they had some old stock, maybe 2010's so I snagged them for $105. I also have on order the Elite barrier for when it's a bit warmer.

Glad I returned my crappy Spesh ones for these, they look quality.

o and the Amfib's do have a nice pee flap :-) For the other ones it's gonna be jacket off, straps down, johnson out.

Flow like water
    I guess I was just wondering if MTBers are as tough as marathon runners. They don't stop for anything. Just throw a bottle of water over their head and pretend that is all that runs down the legs. Of course, most of us don't want to ride on muddy trails.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    I have them both. Both fit nice and I really like to ride in them. I prefer them above Assos

mtbr member

depends on the length of your, uhhhh down tube?

lol, sorry couldnt help myself.
    2012 Giant Reign 1