mtbr member
    Jul 2013

Osprey dealers in southern Ontario

After reading countless reviews on hydration packs and reading the features and setup between different brands it looked like Osprey raptor series would be the best for my use. However I'm having a very hard time locating a dealer that sells the hydration packs in my area. I've tried phoning the Canadian distributor listed on the Osprey website without any luck. I've tried phoning Osprey directly also without success. It seems even the dealers that carry osprey hiking packs only carry camelbak hyrdation packs. Every bike shop I was in while shopping for my new bike carried camelbaks as well. Is there any dealers in the greater toronto area that sell the raptor line of hydration pack? This is requiring a lot of work just to purchase their product. If I didn't think it was worth it then I would just switch to the competition. I still need to see it in person before buying it so ordering online is out of the question. Any help is appreciated.

Scott

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Get the Ontario dealer list from Osprey, and start calling them to check which if any carry the Raptors.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013

Where are you at in SW Ontario? Sail and Atmosphere are both dealers and they are scattered about SWO. Novack's in London is also a dealer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    I decided to pull the trigger this spring on a Osprey Raptor 6. I called every dealer listed on the osprey website in SW Ontario, as a well as several bike shops. The bike shops don't carry Osprey and most haven't heard of them, I stumped the poor girls on the phone several times. I called Sail, Atmosphere and a few other listed dealers. None stock the Raptor and none would special order it.

I ended up calling customer service to complain. The guy on the phone was helpful. He gave me the number of a altitude sports based in Quebec but ships Canada wide. They offer free shipping on orders over $50. He said they are very willing to special order products from the brands they carry. I called them and they we were very willing to order the pack I wanted. The girl was very friendly and shocked no one else would order it. I was told they will order any product made from the brands that they carry on their website, if it's made and available then they will order it.

I'll update once I receive the pack but from my experience with them so far I would recommend calling them if you're looking for something local dealers refuse to order.

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Update: The bag arrived in less than a week, I was told it could be between 1 and 2 weeks. The fit for me is perfect. I can't wait to try this bag out. But the service I received from in sports (Canadian distribution side of Osprey) and Altitude sports was excellent. Any guys looking for an Osprey pack north of the border should contact them.

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    I was very busy with work and was finally able to take my pack for a 20k ride around town in the blazing sun 30c without humidity. I was very pleased how this pack worked out. Solid on my back with 3L of water in it, the magnet worked amazing, you just had to hold it somewhere near the magnet on your chest and it would pull itself on. Easy to grab for a drink and put back neatly and quick. No looking down and fiddling around with it. Even after 2 hours riding in the heat and the sun beating down the water which was just straight out of the tap was still cool to drink. It took a long time to find one but very happy with my choice. I highly recommend it.

mtbr member
    Mar 2014

I live close ton Montreal in Quebec and wanted to buy a Raptor 10. But wanted to compare size with the 14. Wouldnt be able to find some anywere. The best I found was a Osprey Viper 14 at sail. Size of bag was perfect, so decided to buy a Raptor 14 from ChainReaction. Should arrive next week.

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    I was just looking for a small hyrdation pack, I have a rear luggage rack and only go for couple hour rides. 3L bladder and enough space for my jacket, keys, cell.