mtbr member
    Mar 2012

Old, Skull Style 2009 model Uvex XP 100 helmet

Is there anyplace that these can still be purchased?

pics of all three color options (imgur)

My first choice would be the green image on black.

Also, as a side question, assuming that I could find one, how much risk is there in buying a helmet this old, even if stored in a warehouse. I have read and heard both points of view, a) that they degrade just sitting in a box, and b) that they will last for 10 years.
    Last edited by Psynaut; 03-06-2012 at 04:18 PM. Reason: spelling correction

Grams Light Bikes
    Helmets are good for 5-8 years, as long as they haven't been in an accident or dropped. MET helmets did a big study and came up with the 8 year figure. I have the White skull one myself, great helmet. I haven't seen them around of late, and Magura Direct has a new pattern now: Buy xp 100 2011 from the official MAGURADirect Online Shop

Good luck.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    yeah the helmet is for the kids..

DynoDon
    The helmet pastajet posted in the Magura link looks like the same helmet with a different paint job, I've got the white one with the skull design, its been a great helmet, it has a screen in the front to keep bugs out, it comes down lower in the back for back of the head coverage, breathes well, strap and release work great, very comfortable, people have given good complements on the helmet, not a kids helmet.
    Four wheels transport the body,

Two wheels transport the soul !!!!

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by manabiker View Post
    The helmet pastajet posted in the Magura link looks like the same helmet with a different paint job, I've got the white one with the skull design, its been a great helmet, it has a screen in the front to keep bugs out, it comes down lower in the back for back of the head coverage, breathes well, strap and release work great, very comfortable, people have given good complements on the helmet, not a kids helmet.
    This is correct. The helmet hasn't changed at all in years, but every year they come out with a new design. The helmets at the Magura link are the 2012 models. The ones I posted were sold in 2009. The only difference is the paint design, otherwise the helmets are identical. They are not kids helmets, but one of the highest reviewed helmets on the market, which reminds us that it is always good to know what we are talking about before giving feedback on forums.

Anyway, I am aware I can buy the 2012 version in many places, including Amazon, I am trying to find the 2009 model somewhere and I can't seem to locate anyplace selling it outside of Poland.