mtbr member
    May 2011

Oakley H.I. Persimmon

I've been using them on cloudy days in my Radars and they work as they should. Except for one issue, the Iridium coating is not even on them. It's annoying because you can see a slight change in the tint depending on where you look through them. They seem to be darker in the middle and lighten up a little near the edges.

Has anyone else noticed this with this lense?

mtbr member
    A lot of the iridium/reflective lenses I've seen are different colors depending on light and viewing angle when seen from the outside, but not when looking through the glasses while wearing them. Give Oakley a call and ask em about it.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Oakley says they've never heard a complaint of that. They want me to send them in and they will decide if it's a problem...if not then I'm stuck paying shipping back. Seems reasonable, but I just don't want to go through all that trouble if it's a normal characteristic of this lense.

From the outside they look pretty cool with the Iridium changing its look, unfortunately I can also see it while looking through them. It's subtle, but enough that it makes me a little dizzy when looking around.
    Last edited by canuck_tacoma; 10-14-2012 at 10:31 AM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by canuck_tacoma View Post
    Oakley says they've never heard a complaint of that. They want me to send them in and they will decide if it's a problem...if not then I'm stuck paying shipping back. Seems reasonable, but I just don't want to go through all that trouble if it's a normal characteristic of this lense.

From the outside they look pretty cool with the Iridium changing its look, unfortunately I can also see it while looking through them. It's subtle, but enough that it makes me a little dizzy when looking around.
    That does not sound normal. I'd pay the $5 shipping each way to figure out what the problem is instead of getting dizzy every time I put my sunglasses on.